Media and punditry

Jarpie

Yeah, they'll all be on BBC or BT Sport.

It wasn't actually BBC Sport who chose Villa over Bradford, BBC One waded in and their big bosses have a surprisingly large swing.

They're the people who also chose Arsenal v Hull in the Third Round, when BBC Sport wanted to go to some smaller grounds.

I might be asking more than you can tell us here Tomaszk, but why?

Because they (BBC One bosses) have no understanding or interest in the romance of football. Ratings, ratings, ratings.

Will these two Premier League teams attract more viewers than Bradford v Fulham?

They decided yes, I think neutrals would rather have had Bradford v Fulham than two terrible sides they see on MOTD every week.

Of course Sunderland then won at Craven Cottage in the replay, making the decision look very bad indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from the fact that owen is about as interesting as the car park of the north stand on a rainy Sunday afternoon, I find he's views on what is and isn't a penalty mesmerizing.

How is Phil neville employed as a commentator, his voice is so irritating. It's like he tries to liven up his dour tone but ends up doing this weird whisper that just makes it even worse. Surely the mighty bbc can do better than the likes of him

• Like 1

I've been watching motd and bbc/sky/itv broadcasts through internet for number of years and I dont get the Lineker hate.

I think he's been very good presenter and impartial from what I've seen, certainly lot more than gobby savage or muppet lawro.

Edited by Jarpie

I've been watching motd and bbc/sky/itv broadcasts through internet for number of years and I dont get the Lineker hate.

I think he's been very good presenter and impartial from what I've seen, certainly lot more than gobby savage or muppet lawro.

It all needs changing though - the same 'not like in your day Al' - ho ho ho - week in week out - Mark Lawrenson with his annoying 'No'  trick - blow em all away.....

Lineker I fine, its the rest of the dicks the BBC employ to point out the obvious

Mark lawrenson is so miserable, I remember listening to him at the WC in brazil and he sounded like he would rather be at home feeding millet to he's pigeons.

Johnathan Pearce, how can a man be allowed to commentate when be doesn't have a basic grasp on the rules.

Robbie Savage, less said the better

Phil Neville, talks to fast and mainly gibberish with it

Then there's the rest of their team, made up of mediocre footballers who achieved **** all in their playing careers.

Exceptions are Danny murphy who speaks a lot of sense and should be used more by the bbc

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â