Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Stoke, Newcastle and Southampton enquired for him in the last transfer window. That's coming from somebody close to Westwood. He is the most underrated player we have had since petrov and it's no surprise that they both play the same role although petrov was a better tackler but Westwood is the better passer. When we play good he is the one dictating things and he is the only player we have capable of doing so.

Petrov>Westwood by a long stretch

When we play good he is the one dictating things and he is the only player we have capable of doing so.

Against Swansea, Sunderland and Palace, Sánchez absolutely bossed the games. In a way that 'Westy' never has and likely never will. So not correct I'm afraid.

• Like 2

There were people saying future England captain Steveo. Not going to trawl through the thread but there were. Also, I think your underestimating how much praise he actually received. In the past weeks, people have claimed that if others don't rate Westwood then they no nothing about football.

If you think he's no good, you don't :thumb:

There is no hope for those people.

When we play good he is the one dictating things and he is the only player we have capable of doing so.

Against Swansea, Sunderland and Palace, Sánchez absolutely bossed the games. In a way that 'Westy' never has and likely never will. So not correct I'm afraid.
What's with the westy in inverted commas? Sanchez has shown himself to be a liability and usually runs out of gas after 70 minutes, he won't be dictating games on a regular basis if his fitness doesn't improve. In the majority of his games he has made terrible mistakes that could easily cost us and have done on quite a few occasions, his role should be to sit in front of the back 4 and keep things simple. His tackling is great but I don't see him dictating games with his hit and miss passing on a regular basis.

What's with the westy in inverted commas?

Some people seem to have some weird problem with Westwood being nicknamed "Westy"

Despite about 90% of all footballers having some sort of nickname.

Obviously you didn't watch, or are choosing to ignore the aformentioned games then.

I've watched every game we have played so yeah I saw them games. Do all the other games he played not count? Is he only judged on those 3 games? Even when he has had good games he usually makes a clanger.

What's this whole 'westy' thing all about?

I've watched every game we have played so yeah I saw them games. Do all the other games he played not count? Is he only judged on those 3 games? Even when he has had good games he usually makes a clanger.

No of course not but you said:

And those particular games prove that to be nonsense.

What's this whole 'westy' thing all about?

Relax, it's just my way of insinuating that he is a tad overrated by many of our fans.

Edited by Isa

We were crap in those games you mentioned bar maybe the Swansea game where we put alot of pressure on them but didn't create anything til the last couple of minutes. I've seen Westwood be a major factor in us ripping teams apart. I don't doubt that Sanchez is a good player but to my eye he is best off keeping it simple as whatever you say about him having a few good games, he has had some of the worst games by a villa midfielder that I have ever seen.

Oh and the 'westy' thing doesn't get your point across btw, it just makes you look petty and childish...

Edited by Bunnski

We were crap in those games you mentioned bar maybe the Swansea game where we put alot of pressure on them but didn't create anything til the last couple of minutes.

Yes because we scored and created loads in the numerous games that Westwood has controlled/dictated/ticked over (delete as appropriate) this season. In fact, one of the very few games that I'd concede he did dominate was Newcastle at home (especially the first-half). The game finished 0-0 and we created next-to-nothing. That doesn't take away from his performance.

I've seen Westwood be a major factor in us ripping teams apart..

I remember us ripping Sunderland apart, but other than that I dont recall that ever happening during the other 100 games

I've seen Westwood be a major factor in us ripping teams apart

When did we rip teams apart?

Did i miss that period of Lambert's time here?

Haha you taking the piss or what at this stage? You honestly think we never ripped teams apart under Lambert or are you just looking for an argument again?

We were crap in those games you mentioned bar maybe the Swansea game where we put alot of pressure on them but didn't create anything til the last couple of minutes. I've seen Westwood be a major factor in us ripping teams apart. I don't doubt that Sanchez is a good player but to my eye he is best off keeping it simple as whatever you say about him having a few good games, he has had some of the worst games by a villa midfielder that I have ever seen.

Oh and the 'westy' thing doesn't get your point across btw, it just makes you look petty and childish...

I have never seen anything remotely like that.

We were crap in those games you mentioned bar maybe the Swansea game where we put alot of pressure on them but didn't create anything til the last couple of minutes.

Yes because we scored and created loads in the numerous games that Westwood has controlled/dictated/ticked over (delete as appropriate) this season. In fact, one of the very few games that I'd concede he did dominate was Newcastle at home (especially the first-half). The game finished 0-0 and we created next-to-nothing. That doesn't take away from his performance.
Westwoods time here goes beyond this season so I have a bit more to base my opinion of him on although I agree he hasnt been great this season so far. Sanchez has been the definition of hit and miss so far but hopefully he turns into the player you think he is as that would be great for us but I can't see it myself. Let him sit in front of the back 4 and recycle the ball as he can save his energy this way and be a force til the final whistle.

When did we rip teams apart?

Did i miss that period of Lambert's time here?

Haha you taking the piss or what at this stage? You honestly think we never ripped teams apart under Lambert or are you just looking for an argument again?

The only team I remember us ripping apart was Sunderland, and the player I remember from that game was Lowton.

When did we rip teams apart?Did i miss that period of Lambert's time here?

Think you might need to be specific as I also can only recall the Sunderland game as having 'ripped' someone apart.