Ashley Westwood

Nabby

One of the commentators was Trevor Francis so it's actually insulting that you would use his words to back up your opinion. :ph34r:

It doesn't really matter if it was Genghis Khan who said it, the opinion is entirely valid, and I thought exactly the same thing myself without any commentary on at all. 

Don't disagree with that then Stevo.The problem for me is that i think PL has misinterpreted increased possession as being improved performances.We play too many safe passes, thats why Gil is so important, and hopefully Sinclair in the near future.

For me though, you can only play 2 of Westwood, Cleverley, Bacuna, Sanchez or Delph, if you want to win games.

I agree, although I think Sanchez is in a different category to the rest of them.

He's a proper sitter. Midfield enforcer.

Westwood, Cleverley and Delph are all water carriers. The inbetweeners, from Sanchez to an attacking midfielder (which I thought would be Gil)

I don't know what Bacuna is.

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks Ashley Westwood is a good player has a fundamental misunderstanding of football. Twice yesterday he gave the ball away I'm deep lying positions, which, as the holding midfielder that Sanchez should be is unforgiveable. The fact the he is able to go from game to game without having made any important contribution of any sort says it all. It's no coincidence that a team built around a central midfielder whose only decent trait is being able to pass to a full back accurately has been battling relegation for three years straight. Shambles that Sanchez is kept out the team for this league 1 footballer

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks Ashley Westwood is a good player has a fundamental misunderstanding of football. Twice yesterday he gave the ball away I'm deep lying positions, which, as the holding midfielder that Sanchez should be is unforgiveable. The fact the he is able to go from game to game without having made any important contribution of any sort says it all. It's no coincidence that a team built around a central midfielder whose only decent trait is being able to pass to a full back accurately has been battling relegation for three years straight. Shambles that Sanchez is kept out the team for this league 1 footballer

:crylaugh:

• Like 4

Lol, did you see Sanchez last performance?

Being saying this since day 1 with Westwood. Also he loses the ball way too much.

Westwood is one of only a few players for us that can actually play football.

• Like 1

Westwood is one of only a few players for us that can actually play football.

God help us then.

Lol, did you see Sanchez last performance?

Yes, ignore the good performances, just concentrate on that one.

Gave the ball away as the deep midfielder?

You mean like Sanchez did every time he touched the ball vs arsenal?

Get over it. Sanchez was dropped because he was shit.

He's a better player than Westwood but he's struggling for consistency. Stop believing in a conspiracy that Westwood is getting in the team because he's Lambert's favourite when it clearly isn't true.

But you're probably just trolling us again. We're all wobbling daz!

• Like 2

Twice yesterday he gave the ball away I'm deep lying positions, which, as the holding midfielder that Sanchez should be is unforgiveable.

Just curious to find out if you watch our games mate?

Westwood gave the ball away 7 times all game yesterday (he made 72 passes)

Sanchez gave the ball away 21 times vs arsenal.

If giving the ball away as the deep lying midfielder is so unforgivable, then I'm surprised Sanchez has escaped your wrath!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1