Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Nope, this is a totally ridiculous discussion now. There is absolutely no way in hell that Bacuna is a better passer of the ball than Westwood, and I like and rate Bacuna.

Just not a chance. You're going further and further with this, quite frankly, irrational dislike of Westwood. To the point where this you're coming out with more and more ridiculous claims.

There's little point in discussing this anymore.

But just to appease you :)

Gabby_2.gif

• Like 1

Ashley Westwood would not made the slightest bit of difference today.

The score would have been 5-0.

I disagree.

DOn't get me wrong, he wouldn't have turned the result around.

But Sanchez was absolutely diabolical today. A dog would have made more of a difference than Sanchez

• Like 1

It was lack of creativity, not keeping the ball.We had 52% of possession, but lost 5-0, so keeping the ball isn't the problem, lack of creativity is.At least Bacuna gives us more energy, more of a goal threat, and possibly better passing than Westwood, so put him in instead of Cleverley.

Better passing?

Listen, I don't think Westwood is a starter these days. he's a nice option, but we have better players now.

But Bacuna is in no way shape and form a better passer than Westwood. He's better at some things, but passing is not one of them

More than 2 seasons ago Steffan, got another one?

Oh and Bacuna got 7 goals? last season, how many has Westwood scored since hes been here?

I hope Westwood comes in and turns us around, we desperately need something, but i'm not as convinced about him as you are,.

Oh and Bacuna got 7 goals? last season, how many has Westwood scored since hes been here?

What's that got to do with passing?

• Like 1

Firstly.

Yeah, show me a pass that Westwood has done in the last 2 seasons as good as the one Bacuna did to Hutton against Bournemouth.

Are you trolling me?

Secondly, what the heck do goals have to do with it? You mentioned passing.

If you looked past the end of your nose, I'm not even trying to say Westwood is our saviour. Sanchez is a better holding mid and should be starting. But you have this weird, irrational dislike for him, running him down at every single opportunity. It's really bizarre.

I have seen little evidence of this exceptional passer you talk about, sideways passers yes, but hes no Cropley or Cowans is he?

Exceptional passer? You're arguing against yourself. I'm saying he's a better passer than Bacuna. And you're comparing him to Cropley and Cowans.  And the classic 'sideways' jib :D

This is a strange exchange. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

I have seen little evidence of this exceptional passer you talk about, sideways passers yes, but hes no Cropley or Cowans is he?

It's nothing to do with being exceptional. You don't have to be an exceptional passer to be better than Bacuna at passing.

• Like 1

One of the reasons why for me Bacuna should start against Chelsk.

The midfield for me , normally , should be Delph and Sanchez, with Gil in front, and 2 better attacking players alongside CB, neither Bacuna or Westwood would be in my 1st team, but today against Arse, and probably next week, i would have started with Bacuna alongside Sanchez and Delph, and made us harder to beat.

Its all about opinions.

You don't have to be an exceptional passer to be better than Bacuna at passing.

This :D

Bacuna has many assets. Passing isn't one of them.

Bacuna has few assets. Passing isn't one of them.

Edited.

Westwood has to start, he is our best passer by a very long way. He will thrive with better movement infront of him. Clueless of Lambert to leave him out while we are trying to play a possession game.  Lambert is looking for more mobile players in the team but this goes against the style we are trying to play and we need a balance with good passers and mobile players. Westwood has to start!

• Like 1

Edited.

Blooming heck, do you do stand up?

You should.

Hopefully he is still here after the deadline tomorrow as I wouldn't blame him for getting out of here due to being left on the bench to make way for the inconsistent Sanchez and dross like Cleverley.  Bacuna even got in ahead of him in centre midfield. We could do with some passers in midfield Lambert and not just athletes ffs.

Edited.

Blooming heck, do you do stand up?

You should.

Huh? It wasn't meant to be funny in anyway. If anything, it supports your view that Westwood is the better passer.

I'd have Westwood in ahead of Cleverley.  I'm no big admirer of Ashley, but he's like **** Zidane compared to Cleverley.

Same.

I don't think either would make my first XI.

But if we need a player of that type in there then Westwood wins every time over Cleverley.