Ashley Westwood

Nabby

2 hours ago, DK82 said:

Good luck to Westwood. Wasn't good enough but never moaned and tried hard - even if it wasn't enough. Think he needs a fresh start away from the 30+ year old men who spend their weekdays worrying about a football player to the point it becomes abusive. Especially on twitter, never known a player to be ridiculed so much.

You should go and read back some of your posts about Sherwood. 

Unless you're under 30 and then you consider that acceptable. 

cfd64277a3d9d4eedf82351ae4d428eb.jpg

Just been asked by a Burnley fan for my thoughts. Told him that Westwood has struggled for us, has no confidence and a lot of the time tries the easy route - but will also try for long balls down the flanks. Really not much else I can say about it, but he also said to me that Lowton has been fantastic for them, I remember telling him Lowton struggles from right back, he now can't wait to see Westwood! Think that hit a nerve with me, wonder why Lowton was so poor!

Edited by DK82

3 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Just been asked by a Burnley fan for my thoughts. Told him that Westwood has struggled for us, has no confidence and a lot of the time tries the easy route - but will also try for long balls down the flanks. Really not much else I can say about it, but he also said to me that Lowton has been fantastic for them, I remember telling him Lowton struggles from right back, he now can't wait to see Westwood! Think that hit a nerve with me, wonder why Lowton was so poor!

I don't think Lowton was poor, he was a more than capable footballer even at that time. Put in a great cross, good on the ball, just lacked pace...but if he is being protected not so much an issue.

He was very unhappy here and was commuting from Sheffield. Not good for anybody that.

5 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Wasn't Lowtons missus being a mewing quim about having to live in Birmingham? Lowton was told he had to relocate closer to Villa and his missus was a clearing in the woods about it wasnt she?

• Like 1

SOLD

Dammit... Beaten to it!

But seriously wish him well. Didn't want him at Villa anymore, but there were A LOT of worse players who have worn the shirt and disgraced it more. 

Edited by cyrusr
Beaten to the post...

3 hours ago, DK82 said:

Good luck to Westwood. Wasn't good enough but never moaned and tried hard - even if it wasn't enough. Think he needs a fresh start away from the 30+ year old men who spend their weekdays worrying about a football player to the point it becomes abusive. Especially on twitter, never known a player to be ridiculed so much.

Careful. You might upset people if you're that nice about a villa player.

• Like 1

Nothing against him, but for me, the most ineffective player i have ever had the misfortune to watch in a Villa shirt.Don't think the shambles that the club was in during RL tenure would have helped his confidence, but as a player i am struggling to think of any redeemable qualities.£5m ..........thank you very much