Ashley Westwood

Nabby

First heard his name yesterday sometime in the second half and thought crikey, forgot he was playing!  Simply does not ever dictate play or boss midfield.  Britton did so much more in 45 minutes.  Would be more than happy to see him go.

48 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

poor player, lets get ruthless here, needs moving on, not going to rip up the championship & carnt hold his own in the prem. 

I think he probably has enough in his locker to be a good Championship player but once we get back into the Premier League he needs to be sold, not a Premier League quality player IMO.

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think he probably has enough in his locker to be a good Championship player but once we get back into the Premier League he needs to be sold, not a Premier League quality player IMO.

a vital cog in the demise ,,last 4 years of relegation fights,i think its in his dna to pass sideways no matter what league your in if its their..its their.

when villa played lower league AW has been over run in every depatment,gary gardner will perform better in championship

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

And still manages to be totally ineffective. Quite an achievement.

Could put a dog on the pitch instead of him and have the same effect. Lots of ground covered but nothing to show for it.

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Could put a dog on the pitch instead of him and have the same effect. Lots of ground covered but nothing to show for it.

dog might actually put in a tackle ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danishlad said:

With 100%, i Can guarentee he is better than Gardner.

The thing is, we don't really know yet with Gardner - could be decent, could be poor. The jury is out.

Westwood - the verdict is in, he is poor.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2016 at 22:40, The Fun Factory said:

I think I have gone through the full set of emotions on Westwood. At first I thought it was a noble signing to get a lower league player to prove his worth for us. I stuck by him for a long time as part of the 'his worth to the side is underated' brigade. Then I slowly came to the conclusion that sadly he isn't really that good and we have given him a large 4 year contract about a year ago. Now I inwardly groan whenever he is picked for us. He is lightweight, can't cross, not that quick, can't shoot, never takes the game forward, and he is 26 in the summer. 

Leon Britton in 45 mins on Saturday did more for Swansea than Westwood has done for Villa in the last 3 months.And I bet he is probably on a smaller contract.

It was 5 years...

I can't see many other teams willing to buy him out of contract. We'll either end up stuck with him or have to pay him a fortune to release him. Likely he'll end up staying and still be crap. Happy to be proven wrong of course.