Ashley Westwood

Nabby

When was the last time we didn't have a clown in charge? 

I hope the new man realises we need to move on from the likes of Westwood.

Bet you'll be banging the drum to bring N'Zogbia back in.

maybe. You gonna cry and demand the new man's sacked when Gil doesn't play every single minute?

I look forward to your Charles parade as he's charging head down out of play.

I'll be in here praising Westwood's corners if you need me.

I think you're confused. I've never said nzogbia should be a regular starter, I've never claimed to be a big fan. My whole point last year was that we met our goals with him in the team, and I didn't get why people like yourself had a tantrum over it. Again I don't like nzogbia, but if he's picked and we get results then I'm not going to be bothered that he was selected. So good try with the dig but there's just nothing there. Maybe another scenario will give you a chance soon though.

maybe. You gonna cry and demand the new man's sacked when Gil doesn't play every single minute?

I think you're confused. I've never said nzogbia should be a regular starter, I've never claimed to be a big fan. My whole point last year was that we met our goals with him in the team, and I didn't get why people like yourself had a tantrum over it. Again I don't like nzogbia, but if he's picked and we get results then I'm not going to be bothered that he was selected. So good try with the dig but there's just nothing there. Maybe another scenario will give you a chance soon though.

"Good try" :lol: That's great.

But Westwood was picked too and you keep banging on about how bad he is?

So confusing!

But Westwood was picked too and you keep banging on about how bad he is?

So confusing!

not surprising. Are we getting results with Westwood in the team? And last season once Sherwood came in and all that mattered was staying up, I don't think I complained a lot about Westwood much when we got results. 

"Good try" :lol: That's great.

thanks. This has been fun as always.

not surprising. Are we getting results with Westwood in the team? And last season once Sherwood came in and all that mattered was staying up, I don't think I complained a lot about Westwood much when we got results. 

Not surprisingly, I think you'll find you're wrong.

• Like 1

The obsession some have with slagging Westwood is boring. He isn't a great player, I accept that, but he isn't the reason we are playing so poorly at the moment. Tonight players such as Grealish and Sanchez were shocking, but the usual suspects focus on Westwood. 

Mike the reason why so many focus on Westwood in terms of a negative is in response to the so many that focus on him as a positive. And vice verser.

Truth of the matter is that no current villa player (westwood incl) are worth talking about. And very few have been worth talking about for half a decade.

Mike the reason why so many focus on Westwood in terms of a negative is in response to the so many that focus on him as a positive. And vice verser.

Truth of the matter is that no current villa player (westwood incl) are worth talking about. And very few have been worth talking about for half a decade.

Very true. And very sad. 

That is such a pathetic reason to slag off a player; because other people are positive about him.

That is such a pathetic reason to slag off a player; because other people are positive about him.

Yeah, because that's what I said.

The differing opinions (both of which are extreme) prompt debate. For some reason it happens in the ashley westwood thread.

Yeah, because that's what I said.

The differing opinions (both of which are extreme) prompt debate. For some reason it happens in the ashley westwood thread.

The differing opinions aren't both extreme at all, it's either he's a decent player or he's the reason we've been shit for 4 years. Plenty say he is terrible, league one standard, but no one ever says he is brilliant and should be playing regularly in the champions league.

Your and others failure to grasp this is remarkable.

• Like 2

Yet there's nowhere near as much garbage (in every single **** thread) about any other current player.

The negative isn't a response to the positive, by the way.  The 'defending' of Westwood is because of the people endlessly spouting on about how crap he is - when he isn't.  I think it's because he was bought from the lower leagues or something.

• Like 2

Yet there's nowhere near as much garbage (in every single **** thread) about any other current player.

The negative isn't a response to the positive, by the way.  The 'defending' of Westwood is because of the people endlessly spouting on about how crap he is - when he isn't.  I think it's because he was bought from the lower leagues or something.

Yep, I don't remember seeing anyone come in here and post about how super, duper amazeballs Westwood was last game. The negativity towards some of our players is staggering at times.

• Like 1

Or perhaps some feel he isn't as good as people make out? There is definitely hyperbole on both sides, no doubt in response to each other, after almost game he plays in they'll be people in here exclaiming how he was MOTM or people in match threads every time he makes a pass stating how that won't get mentioned in the Westwood thread. It all just reinforces this two tribes mentality about him and the vicious circle continues ad nausem.

Yep, I don't remember seeing anyone come in here and post about how super, duper amazeballs Westwood was last game. The negativity towards some of our players is staggering at times.

Westwood does seem to get a lot of stick, but he's hardly alone in that. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen "X isn't even a footballer" thrown at players.

Honestly, I think Westwood is remarkably consistent at being okay-ish. He never has an outstanding game but he never has a disastrous game either. That said, assuming we have all our midfielders fit, Westy seems like one of the easiest to drop.

Edited by Villanun
  • Like 1