Lambert PL Signings

mcben

These signings have refreshed the club. I read on here that under MON we were having to pay some players a little extra to make the move to B6 more palatable. **** that approach. Give me players from foreign leagues and the lower leagues that actually want to be here.

F*ck Martin O'Neill

I know that Lambert sees MON as a positive influence, but he's going to be twice the manager that MON ever was. He's turned a turgid, stale, disorganised group of overpaid journeymen into a determined, hungry, skillful team for less than £20million.

Ron Vlaar looks head and shoulders above any of Collins, Cuellar or Dunne. A real leader.

Benteke already looks a class act and is only 21!

El Ahmadi bosses the midfield and keeps it simple, yet effective

Lowton has an eye for goal and gets forward all the time - our new Kyle Walker

Williams could have a real part to play here, and will get even better

Bowery - jury is out but he'll be way more effective than Delfouneso, thats for sure!

(he didnt sign Holman but he's fitted right in to Lambert's style - I swear if McLeish had been managing him we wouldnt be seeing these performances)

From what I've seen so far the signings look excellent. Lowton has seemingly made the jump from League 1 to PL without batting an eyelid .

Special mention to Holman though who ok was signed by the other guy, but he looks like a players player. Absolutely essential for a successful team.

I know that Lambert sees MON as a positive influence, but he's going to be twice the manager that MON ever was. He's turned a turgid, stale, disorganised group of overpaid journeymen into a determined, hungry, skillful team for less than £20million.

Ron Vlaar looks head and shoulders above any of Collins, Cuellar or Dunne. A real leader.

Bowery - jury is out but he'll be way more effective than Delfouneso, thats for sure!

(he didnt sign Holman but he's fitted right in to Lambert's style - I swear if McLeish had been managing him we wouldnt be seeing these performances)

Who? Have I missed signing?

If you're going to slag somebody off, at least make sure that your grammar is correct.

If you're going to slag somebody off, at least make sure that your grammar is correct.

Where was I slagging him off? I was asking a genuine question

How is that slagging somebody off? :?

Needed lots of players and got some really good ones. Exciting to pick up payers not many had heard of and show how good they are. By the end of this season I think a few of our team will be courted and worth much more than we paid. I am hoping the team spirit keeps them with us

Imagine if Lambert had the money MON was given. I wonder if we can ever spend like that again.

Better question is will we need to?

Guzan - 28

==========

Lowton - 23

Vlaar - 27

Clark - 22

Bennett - 22

Lichaj - 23

Baker - 21

==========

Ireland - 26

El Ahmadi - 27

Westwood - 22

Holman - 28

Delph - 22

Bannan - 22

==========

Bent - 28

Agbonlahor - 25

Benteke - 21

Weimann - 21

==========

That's not including Albrighton, N'Zogbia, Gardner, Carruthers, Stevens. Granted we have a few over or approaching 30 but they don't appear to be in Lambert's plans.

just re read my post on the previous page. was so impressed with Ashley Westwood so much, I called him Ashley Williams!

(I supposed one excuse was someone called Ashley Williams was playing for Swansea yesterday)

Its really starting to annoy me now these lazy journalists comparing Lambert to O'Neil, because in terms of building a squad(and in terms of Lambert it is a squad) they couldn't be any more different. O'Neil always takes the safe option, players he knows very well, and players who have played at the level his club, Lambert has built his squad without 1 player with Premier League experience. Also you can tell already Lambert likes to play more football. As good a manager O'Neil is he has a level, i think Lambert has the potential to go that level or 2 above O'Neil, unfortunately i doubt this club will be able to match. But when Lambert does go, he will leave a much better balanced squad.

I have no idea why i ended on a somber note.

I still think the squad is far from finished but It looks much better.

We actually have a squad now where different players can be called upon at different times. I'd like to see one or two new faces in January still.

I also think that whilst we have bought good players at reasonable prices, you shouldnt rule out the importance of a player worth 10m+. The best players still cost a lot of money no matter what league they play in and I think If Lambert finds one hungry enough to play for Villa, he will sign him.

Thats the major difference from what we've had before. Lambert wont pay over the odds for a player that has to be pushed into coming to Villa. You've gotta wanna play for this team and give 110% every match to even get a look in.

Our philosophy as a football club has changed dramatically in the last 12 months. **** knows why Mcleish was ever hired but thats in the past now. I really like the look of Lambert and I think he is the man to take this club forward.

It will take time. Maybe even 2/3 years before we are pushing for Europe again.

It might be a bit early to compare P.L. to previous managers but I begin to detect similarities with the great Ron Saunders. When he came in we weren't exactly pulling up trees. He built a team by promoting youngsters from within the club, buying hungry young unknowns and adding quality such as Mortimer. He welded them into a team that allied hard work with skill and look where that got us. We were never really given the credit for the quality of football he promoted but the three teams he built compare favourably with any of the so called big teams of the 70s and 80s.

So now we've got a manager who buys hungry young players and gets them to play with a fair degree of skill and a great deal of hard work. Pehaps it's too early to draw any conclusions but what I saw against Swansea on Saturday gave me cause for optimism. I really enjoyed it and I can't say as much for the last couple of seasons.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â