Joe Bennett

Si.

I do hope we can do better than Bennett next season.

and Luna. Not to mention Lowton and Bacuna.

So we should replace all 4 of our full backs?

Yep. And the entire rest of the squad. And the manager. And the owner. And the kitman. (Or at least I'm guessing this is what risso thinks judging off his posts)

He was awful last season and really didn't look up to the task.

However this season, in the 2 matches he's played, he has looked quite promising.

It would be great if he's spent this time out strengthening his upper body and can come back

and make a positive contribution.

and Luna.  Not to mention Lowton and Bacuna.

Yes.  None of them are very good.

and Luna.  Not to mention Lowton and Bacuna.

Yes.  None of them are very good.

Very harsh

Bennett struggled last season, we all accept that & I believe his performances papered over the cracks for Lowton to a certain extent-They both cost us goals.

I've been very happy with Bacuna. I accept a couple of mistakes have been made but in general, I think he's been great for us. Both him & Luna have propably only played 10 games max for us. Way too early imo to deem them not good enough. Defenders develop later than other positions on the pitch-I wouldn't even write Bennett off yet. I'm not saying that he should start but I don't think he should be written off either.

I like Bennett, he can actually move forward with the ball and cross it - something a lot of our players can't do, yes he's been an utter defensive liability at times but he wasn't the only one, but because he looks like a chav from Grange Hill people think it's ok to berate him. He got a lot better last season and I hope he will get another chance to play soon.

Bacuna has been mostly great for us, Lowton on the whole has been very good even though he is struggling a little this season, Luna it's too soon to judge but he's had some good moments.

On the whole our defence is no longer the problem, although we could do with experience back up for Vlaar. 

Now that he is no longer a starter or even a sub for that matter, the pressure is on Bennett to do well. Last season he struggled but kept his spot anyway. This season Luna has pretty much locked that fullback spot so Bennett has to realize that these chances to prove himself won't come too often. 

Now that he is no longer a starter or even a sub for that matter, the pressure is on Bennett to do well. Last season he struggled but kept his spot anyway. This season Luna has pretty much locked that fullback spot so Bennett has to realize that these chances to prove himself won't come too often. 

Surely his complete lack of involvement is down to injury.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â