Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

• 4 weeks later...

For the amount of game time he had his return of goals and assists is pretty good. He's frustrating, but very technically gifted. My only concern is that there is no position suitable for him in our normal formation, he needs to play a position that doesn't require any defensive duties, and only Benteke has that luxury.

For the amount of game time he had his return of goals and assists is pretty good. He's frustrating, but very technically gifted. My only concern is that there is no position suitable for him in our normal formation, he needs to play a position that doesn't require any defensive duties, and only Benteke has that luxury.

Ball Boy or tea lady would be a good position for him.No defensive duties there.

tea lady would be a good position for him.No defensive duties theres

It can assure it's no cakewalk to keep Dunne away from the biscuit tin.

He's off the books now so we should be able to save a fortune on biscuits and bring in a tea lady who wont demand as high wages!

I'll be very surprised if Dortmund are interested. I wonder what we'd get for him? £7m? I'd probably sell at that price to be fair, but I think he'll be here next season and that's no bad thing. Lambert had him playing better and he's a great option from the bench.

No way we'll get anything like that much, I'd guess at £3-4 million to get him off the books. Only reason I could see Dortmund would going for him would be to fill out their squad.

Unless we can get £7-10m for him, keep him.

He has ability and can really cause trouble to the best defences. Useful impact player off the bench I think.

Totally agree, don't know why Lambert would rather bring on Bowery than him, he's got such ability, we just haven't seen the best of him. He's not one that we should be selling for cheap, he's a player Lambert should be trying to get the best out of.

Funnily enough, Zog has done himself no harm with his performances this season. As few and far between as they were. He can probably count himself quite unlucky to have been so overlooked, although we know what the manager was trying to do and he has gone and done it. Players like Charlie and Bent must've been thinking 'wtf?'.

• Like 1

I like Zog, good sub. Would like him to stay as well. Nice pace on him and quality at times. But it just depends on his wage forme..

If he's getting close to 50,000 per week then get rid. WE can get much better players at less than half of his wage ( if it is at 50, 000 like I guess it is - he was our star signing i remeber when we signed him....... -,- )

If he's around 30,000 I'd like us to keep him. More than that and it's too much for my liking.

Edited by Alakagom

Zoggy will go because his wages are too high. It seems Mr Lerner no longer wishes to pay the level of wages he himself agreed to award many of the players recruited to his club. So they will be sold. It's nothing to do wit their ability on the pitch.

Edited by briny_ear

I think PL favored Zog as an impact player up until the United game.

While there is a lot of blame to pass around (most noticably the sideline assistant), I don't think PL was happy at all with Zog's tracking back of Evra. It might be a mistake to play Zog in that position where he has to do some defensive work, but if the manager asks you to do it, then you have to do it. I don't think Charles has figured into the squad since then.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â