Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I don't want to judge him too much because he's just come back from a horrible injury. Like Benteke he's going to need time to get back to his best. Maybe he hasn't done it consistently over his whole career but at least he has the ability to do it which is more than can be said for most of our squad. 

• Like 2

He is just another paradox in the whole scheme.

Sure he has guile at times and then other times he is totally ineffective....I think he scored a damn good goal against us at villa park, when playing for WIgan, whether that influenced us to go after him, I'm not sure.

There are many of our players that seem to attract the inconsistency like him.....he is just coming back from a major injury, but wasn't Ross Barkley just returning from injury, perhaps not as major, but seemed to react to business much quicker.

I have a real suspicion, some of us seem to muster excuses on almost every occasion.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

No manager has ever got the best performances out of him because his attitude is shit.

The only two times he has ever played anywhere near decent for more than a game were at Wigan before two transfer windows when he wanted a move.

It isn't down to the managers, it is down to the player even the guy who wasted £9.5m on him for us questioned his attitude.

That is incorrect. At Wigan under Martinez he had some really good performances and not just near transfer windows.

It isn't and he didn't, he had two good spells right before two transfer windows.

Wrong. Even Martinez referred to N'Zogbia's consistency across a season. He even got 9 league goals in his last season at Wigan but I guess he played for a team that played a bit of football then so had some chances.   Not like the current anti-football where few are impressing.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

No manager has ever got the best performances out of him because his attitude is shit.

The only two times he has ever played anywhere near decent for more than a game were at Wigan before two transfer windows when he wanted a move.

It isn't down to the managers, it is down to the player even the guy who wasted £9.5m on him for us questioned his attitude.

That is incorrect. At Wigan under Martinez he had some really good performances and not just near transfer windows.

It isn't and he didn't, he had two good spells right before two transfer windows.

Wrong. Even Martinez referred to N'Zogbia's consistency across a season. He even got 9 league goals in his last season at Wigan but I guess he played for a team that played a bit of football then so had some chances. Not like the current anti-football where few are impressing.

You can say wrong and incorrect as much as you like it isn't going to make it a fact. Quite simply I don't agree with you or with whatever Martinez said given he was more than likely trying to push his price up at the time.

As for the 9 league goals he scored in his last season with Wigan, 5 of them came in the last few games of the season as the transfer window approached and before he threatened to go on strike if he wasn't allowed to move.

This might be frowned upon, but I'd honestly play him as the second striker in the free role against QPR. He links up well with Benteke and appears to be on the same wave length as him. Think they could do some intricate passes together. We need someone closer to Benteke rather than a massive gap. It would also mean he wouldn't have to track back as much and given more license to go forward. Think he would be more dangerous than Gabby or Weimann

He was woeful Saturday, to argue otherwise would be churlish. I don't see how to blame tactics for this either, other than the fact he was left on way too long.

Dreadful performance, dreadful attitude. Don't think we will be seeing him for a while, thankfully. And I'm one of his admirers...

You can say wrong and incorrect as much as you like it isn't going to make it a fact. Quite simply I don't agree with you or with whatever Martinez said given he was more than likely trying to push his price up at the time.

As for the 9 league goals he scored in his last season with Wigan, 5 of them came in the last few games of the season as the transfer window approached and before he threatened to go on strike if he wasn't allowed to move.

Or alternatively Martinez was just praising a player who scored 9 times and got 5 assists in a superb season for the player - no wonder he wanted to keep him and we wanted to buy him.

As for the timing of the goals he did score some vital ones (maybe if we set up in the right way he might be more effective for us). Out of his 9 goals he scored in 5 different months and none of the goals were within 30 days of a transfer window opening. 

There's just no in-between in he's performances, he's either absolute shit to the point you wonder how he become he professional footballer or he's the best player on the pitch. No middle ground. No 6 out of 10 performances. It either happens for him or it doesn't. The trouble is

Its only 'happened' for him in about 4 games in he's time here.

If we can get any cash for him in the January window I would take it.

• 2 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â