Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I still like him even if there is no reason to do so. He has the ability and we saw some glimpses of it last season. He was also very annoying with they way he just got himself cornered when running at others. We will see, I do sort of doubt he will do anything else in this club considering he looked a little off pace last season....

He is a good player he's just so damn inconsistent. On his day he is better than any other AM we have. I think let him get fit and keep hold of him for at least until next Jan. I'm not sure when his contract is up but I'm guessing it's got a couple of years to run. We won't get much for him and I think we might as well utilise him and try to get him back to his best. He could be the creative midfielder we need.

I would also add I don't think he necessarily lacks discipline. He was brought in by a shite manager who played him in the wrong position in a team who just hoofed it to Bent from the back and just bypasses the entire midfield. And he hasn't had a fair crack under Lamber really but when he did he showed glimpses.

I always suspected N'Zogbia was the least explosive member of the bomb squad. Part of that was wishful thinking. Don't get me wrong, he's not a saviour or anything but he does fill a gap in the first team squad. It sounds as though Lambo might be thinking something similar which is encouraging. Sounds like a pretty terrible injury if he'd have been "better off breaking his leg" instead.

I would also offer him a new contract when it is up in the summer.

Whether he'd be willing to accept it is another matter.

I am sure he is bracing himself for a major pay cut this year as will Mr Ireland. He may feel he would be better off starting again somewhere new.

I think for somewhere between half and a fifth of his current wages he'd be a worthwhile player to have in the squad.

He did actually - made several comments on different occasions about being open minded about a new contract for Dunne.

Was quite worrying at the time.

I've since come to the conclusion that Lambert hates speaking to journos and gets through it by meaning virtually nothing of what he tells them. I include his post match press conferences in this.

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

N'Zogbia won't play for Villa again IMO. The reason why PL mentions or speaks about him, is because he's asked for progress on his injury.

Possibly but Lambert might be a bit foolish if leaves he doesn't consider him when fit. I know he's a high earner and he probably wants to sell him but he offers a bit more than Tonev.

Given his high wages we are better off getting rid of him ASAP. There's little to no chance he could ever become a solid first XI player but he's earning alot more than players who are. Not good.

Edited by villa89

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â