Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Hopefully when he regains fitness, Lambert will consider bringing him back into the side because we need a player of his ilk to give the side some sort of spark, even if it is just coming off the bench. 

Problem is, he has done **** all for us since we signed him. He's been dead weight since day one. 

• Like 1

Hopefully when he regains fitness, Lambert will consider bringing him back into the side because we need a player of his ilk to give the side some sort of spark, even if it is just coming off the bench. 

Problem is, he has done **** all for us since we signed him. He's been dead weight since day one. 

I call it the 'Insomnia Delusion', whenever this guy isn't under performing for us he's on on the injury list, but for some reason people expect him to return and do well.

That said, we're at such a low right now that he couldn't do any worse than what we have...

I thought he played a decent part in our second half resurgence last season. Granted, he has never been the player we would have hoped. But in some cases, yes absence does make the heart grow fonder, I suppose. 

Yep and yep - though his inclusion in the 'Bomb Squad' made it clear that it wasn't just about being chronically shite like Ireland, but also for non footballing matters. Which is sadly the way this club has been run for the past four years.

He's a winger

So Doesn't stand a chance of getting in our team

That's a popular misconception. He is best in a free role just behind the striker. That's why he was wasted under Eck because he is shite on the wing. 

I'd agree with Pilchard that his exclusion probably is more down to what he is earning.

I've never really seen N'Zogbia offer too much from open play in a Villa shirt (I thought he was good at Wigan, but yes, a little selfish). He's good at running at defenders but never passes the ball off quick enough and ends up having it taken off him. The best thing he has to offer the team are his set pieces. His dead balls are better than anything the current group of players can provide (Bacuna's free kick vs. City was a beauty, mind you), his corners are great curling in-swingers hit with serious pace. My personal feeling is that if we plan to sell him, it wouldn't hurt his value to get him some match fitness when he's healthy again, maybe he helps the team out, sets up a few and/or scores a few, and increases his transfer fee. And if he makes a good enough attacking contribution, hell, keep him around.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â