Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Its been a very long time since we've had a team like that as we continue to waste time and money on the wrong managers. Have we now got the right manager in Lambert when we have missed out on Jol and now an available Redknapp?

That is my frustration!

We do have the right manager in Lambert and we should stick behind him too.

Redknapp imo would not have came to us then and neither would he now and I don't fancy a manager at that age coming to our club that with our situation over the last 3 seasons managers wise.

We needed a younger type manager to be aloud to build a legacy here not just another 3 year cycle/stop gap manager quick fix and that is what we have now got.

MON at leicester, Clough at Forrest, Fergy at Man u, Wenger at arsenal.

All went to them clubs when they were also in piss poor situations but over time look at what they achieved!

Lamberts already showed he can do it at Norwich. Now this is a bigger club for him and a perfect platform for him to build something great here too.

TIME & PATIENCE.

I agree with you completely Rigo but I can't believe you're comparing O'Neill to Wenger, Clough and Ferguson. :lol:

No no, I am not comparing any of them with each other mate, just examples of what managers can do when given time, patience and backing from fans and the board.

Used them as 4 managers as examples in the last 25 years of football that actually received the above.

Just the whole stick with the manager through good and bad because you like Lambert but didn't show the same to Mcleish.

People have said time and time again that it's not as black and white as that.

Just the whole stick with the manager through good and bad because you like Lambert but didn't show the same to Mcleish.

People didn't show the same with McLeish because there were virtually no good signs under him. Many people on the other hand like some of the things Lambert has done and that's why they're prepared to give him more time. I don't know why you find it so hard to get your head round the concept that most people judge managers on an individual basis.

Did anyone show anything to mcleish?

When I say manager I mean one that brought here for the long haul not just a stop gap.

I admit I didn't want Houllier from the word go and I felt the same about mcleish.

Neither of those 2 appointments had 90% of this forum behind them to be our 'next manager' like Lambert did.

He has something going for him, what did Houllier or Mcleish bring to the table?

One possibly leaving in January, the other just getting to grips with the PL.

Apart from piss poor football, crap signings and near relegation what else?

So far that's also what Lambert has brought, therefore the 180 in support must be 100% based on emotion and nothing else?

• Like 1

Oh shit yes, after 9 games!

You were'nt willing to give Houllier or McLeish a chance, but Lambert is a diffrent story?

So results doesn't really matter as long as you like/dislike the manager?

Edit: I didn't wan't McLeish or Houllier either thou i did have slight hopes Houllier might have worked out, he didn't...

You were'nt willing to give Houllier or McLeish a chance, but Lambert is a diffrent story?

So results doesn't really matter as long as you like/dislike the manager?

Yes thats correct and I can't remember many other villa fans that also gave Eck a chance or even Houllier.

Again I casted my opinion before either got signed as they had bugger all promising going for them that they could bring to this club to improve it any given there status and our transition of recovery at that time too.

One took a shit long drag out affair of negociating his contract from the French FA and had been out of management for a long time and health issues. Hardly going to rock the earth for us was he?

The other was just a clown that had the gauntlet out for him before he even arrived here so was always doomed to be out on his arse either way.

Results do matter but to carry on how you and others are after 9 games played is just completely astounding. Atleast give the guy 1 full season like the last 2 got before casting any opinion.

After all Lambert had more going for him before we signed him than what the last 2 had when we signed them for starters. (see the Paul Lambert thread)

I think it is out of order that some have the poisonous axe out after only 9 games. Outrageous!

All i've said is that we must start to show either results or signs of improvement pretty soon if Lambert is to continue, not that i wan't him out asap.

With the path we've choosen (young unproven lower league players who hopefully have potential) i don't think we can get anyone more suitable than Lambert as he's also young unproven but hopefully have potential and is used to working with players like ours. Except the established ones like Bent, Ireland, Given and NZogbia...

Bringing in a foreign manager now just would not work, they would not know how to handle a squad like this and the players would not understand what the manager was trying to implement as many of them lack enough football education and tactical knowledge. Even a senior player like Gabby, bless his heart mostly runs around like a headless chicken most of the time.

For good or bad Lambert is what we have but that doesn't mean we should just accept bad results and dire football, just because he's not McLeish. If our premiership status is at risk we must act before it's to late. That time is still some way of yet

Unfortunately many fans don't have patience and demand instant results.

'Patience' we have had a bundle of and 'instant results' we certainly haven't had any and thats my point. We keep hearing the term 'sleeping giant.' Ferguson stating under O'Neill that we could be the surprise package. We were told under O'Neill all about the 'five year plan' but we had to wait! Where is that 'five year plan' now? Then we had GH and then Mcleish and still we wait, wait, wait and now it's Lambert's turn. Worst start to a Premiership campaign but we are told Lambert has purchased young players and we must wait. How long for? One season, two seasons, maybe three, oh and yes, some posters are actually accepting that we might have to drop into the Championship to build but all we have to do is to wait!

I think we have waited long enough and we have been more patient than any other group of fans that i know. Waiting is over for me. I have heard more than enough excuses to do me three lifetimes concerning our club.

Just for once ask the questions that our board doesn't want to hear. Why do we have to wait? Why haven't we had any success at our club in a very long time and why have we somehow managed to appoint the wrong managers and pay compensation for them when better managers were available without having to pay a bean?

Ah but we continue to have the patience of a saint and we will continue to wait and wait.....

No no, I am not comparing any of them with each other mate, just examples of what managers can do when given time, patience and backing from fans and the board.

Used them as 4 managers as examples in the last 25 years of football that actually received the above.

GH, Mcleish?

Those managers you have named have earned their time at their respective clubs with results.

People didn't show the same with McLeish because there were virtually no good signs under him. Many people on the other hand like some of the things Lambert has done and that's why they're prepared to give him more time. I don't know why you find it so hard to get your head round the concept that most people judge managers on an individual basis.

What has Lambert done? Most of VT last night in the Chat Room were ready to hang Lambert before we scored against the run of play and I have been called fickle on here. :lol: