Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I think Lambert is the best manager we can hope for sacking him would be stupid

What other manager would be dumb enough to take on the poisoned chalice that is AVFC

With our likely destination being the championship i'd rather stick with Lambert a manager who has a proven track record with promoting sides

What alternatives would their be. Warnock? Billy Davies? Curbishley?

Enough of the managerial merry go round seriously....

Tired of the endless "transitional" period were stuck in Lambert needs time to build something look at the tools he has at his disposal success is not going to be instant. Lerner needs to seriously invest in January experience is desperatly needed

• Like 1

Very good.

So again as things stand do you want Lambert sacked or not?

Edit: i have found your answer on page 76 and yes, you do want Lambert sacked now cause of how things stand & feel he is not the man for the job? Correct?

Yet let me guess if I may, that if Lambert had won 7 of our opening 9 games and currently sat 5th in the league atm you would be shining the sun out of his arse, the fact we are where we are you are simply out to get him and want him gone.

That my friend to my original reply to you is what is known as 'fickle'.

Stick by the team/manager through thick and thin, not just when the roses are blooming!

So criticizing a manager who has presided over the club's worst start ever to a Premiership campaign is regarded as fickle. Don't be so ridiculous! Under that logic then maybe we should have kept Mcleish 'through thick and thin.'

Consequently your post is rather ironic is it not?

I think Lambert is the best manager we can hope for sacking him would be stupid

What other manager would be dumb enough to take on the poisoned chalice that is AVFC

With our likely destination being the championship i'd rather stick with Lambert a manager who has a proven track record with promoting sides

What alternatives would their be. Warnock? Billy Davies? Curbishley?

Enough of the managerial merry go round seriously....

Tired of the endless "transitional" period were stuck in Lambert needs time to build something look at the tools he has at his disposal success is not going to be instant. Lerner needs to seriously invest in January experience is desperatly needed

Lambert would then have the term 'relegation' on his CV and if that was the case then you'd be rewarding failure. There actually seems to be an exceptance of relegation on here just as long as Lambert is kept as manager. Very, very worrying.

So criticizing a manager who has presided over the club's worst start ever to a Premiership campaign is regarded as fickle. Don't be so ridiculous! Under that logic then maybe we should have kept Mcleish 'through thick and thin.'

Consequently your post is rather ironic is it not?

What I am saying is that the guy is just in the door for christ sakes and after 9 games everyone is on a panic all of a sudden.

We have had our worst start for 49 years or whatever it is - big pissing deal.

As for Mcleish he was not wanted before he got here and was wanted sacked from the minute he arrived granted.

90% of this site wanted a manager like Lambert installed to replace him who was young, fresh to rebuild the whole team and had a promising background. All roses and perfume.

It is hardly suprising we are where we are after 9 games considering 8 new players have arrived and need time to settle down and get used to the pace, Injuries galore and also blooding the youth team!

What makes you and others think any other manager who came in would be in any different position right now to where PL and the team is?

If we are going to only cry out for managers that can only be good for the club yet they only have 9 games to show what they can do. That imo is what is ridiculous!

• Like 1

What I am saying is that the guy is just in the door for christ sakes and after 9 games everyone is on a panic all of a sudden.

As for Mcleish he was not wanted before he got here and was wanted sacked from the minute he arrived granted.

90% of this site wanted a manager like Lambert installed to replace him who was young, fresh to rebuild the whole team and had a promising background. All roses and perfume.

It is hardly suprising we are where we are after 9 games considering 8 new players have arrived and need time to settle down and get used to the pace, Injuries galore and also blooding the youth team!

What makes you and others think any other manager who came in would be in any different position right now to where PL and the team is?

If we are going to only cry out for managers that can only be good for the club yet they only have 9 games to show what they can do. That imo is what is ridiculous!

I have liked too many of your posts today and I am not allowed to like another, stop posting will you!

The 2 goals we conceded last night were worryingly shocking. Was it Lowton on both occasions who failed to get a final block off ?

No - leave him alone.

It was your favourite American defender at fault for the second - but in fairness it was a classy finish.

You obviously haven't been paying attention mate - dont you realise that any other manager would have signed berbatov / adam and diame and we would be top of the league!

It's simple ;)

Cracking post by the way.

Lambert would then have the term 'relegation' on his CV and if that was the case then you'd be rewarding failure. There actually seems to be an exceptance of relegation on here just as long as Lambert is kept as manager. Very, very worrying.

I think any manager would struggle to keep us in the division with the squad we have

Half of the players shouldn't be anywhere near the first team

You obviously haven't been paying attention mate - dont you realise that any other manager would have signed berbatov / adam and diame and we would be top of the league!

It's simple ;)

Sorry, I have been too smacked off my face on positivodamol to see the bigger picture?

You mean we could actually have got a Mourinho type manager that would have been given 150m in the summer putting all this shit right and we would currently be top of the league?

Yet I recover to find that we have got PL as manager, only 8 average piss poor donkeys signed and we have witnessed our worst start to a league season for 49 years?

How has this happened? Who wanted this clown of a manager anyway? Why is he still here?

I need to go and lay down. :wacko:

I was not one of those 90%. I actually wanted Jol.

My concern with Lambert has always been this.

I felt he would make us into another Norwich. Full of lower league players, or players with spirit and tenacity but lacking in the quality needed to push us back up into the top 6-8. What i have seen so far is exactly that and you cannot explain our general performance levels by stating 'big pissing deal.' The players he has purchased have been poor which has contributed to the performance levels that i speak of.

However my main gripe with him has been that he has got the balance completely wrong on what we so desperately needed player wise. We needed experience quality in midfield and defence. That has still not been addressed although Vlaar has been ok and nothing more than that. This is why we are struggling and i suppose you could also throw in the fact that he has not set us up to play to the strengths of our best striker who has now become so disillusioned that he will probably ask to go in January. I am also concerned about the way in which he has left all of his previous clubs and even if he is a success here i'm not so sure he will stay long enough to build on that success?

It's simple ;)

Cracking post by the way.

Where have i said we would be top of the league? I said those players would have been an improvement on those we have already signed and if we had signed those players would you then have made the same stupid childish remark?

I was not one of those 90%. I actually wanted Jol.

My concern with Lambert has always been this.

I felt he would make us into another Norwich. Full of lower league players, or players with spirit and tenacity but lacking in the quality needed to push us back up into the top 6-8. What i have seen so far is exactly that and you cannot explain our general performance levels by stating 'big pissing deal.' The players he has purchased have been poor which has contributed to the performance levels that i speak of.

However my main gripe with him has been that he has got the balance completely wrong on what we so desperately needed player wise. We needed experience quality in midfield and defence. That has still not been addressed although Vlaar has been ok and nothing more than that. This is why we are struggling and i suppose you could also throw in the fact that he has not set us up to play to the strengths of our best striker who has now become so disillusioned that he will probably ask to go in January. I am also concerned about the way in which he has left all of his previous clubs and even if he is a success here i'm not so sure he will stay long enough to build on that success?

I pretty much agree with this (Thou i wanted Bilic)

And no i don't wan't Lambert gone yet, but i also don't think this can go on much longer if things don't improve soon

Sorry, I have been too smacked off my face on positivodamol to see the bigger picture?

You mean we could actually have got a Mourinho type manager that would have been given 150m in the summer putting all this shit right and we would currently be top of the league?

Yet I recover to find that we have got PL as manager, only 8 average piss poor donkeys signed and we have witnessed our worst start to a league season for 49 years?

How has this happened? Who wanted this clown of a manager anyway? Why is he still here?

I need to go and lay down. :wacko:

Can you get 'Positivodamol' in Boots and how much is it? :crylaugh: I'm unfortunately on Realistico Aid and it's costing way too much!

Really funny mate.

That is fair enough. But did Jol actually want us?

Maybe we were never in for him? :rolleyes:

Yeah your probably right on both points but he would have been an excellent for us.

I guess i just want a Villa team to play good entertaining football again. I don't expect us to win the Premiership and i don't expect us to win too many cups either but one would be nice.

What i do expect that with the amount of money we have spent, is that we should have a better squad than we have at the moment. Will we get that with Lambert? Not too sure, but would we get that with Redknapp, i think yes. He would turn us around and be able to attract a better quality of player than Lambert. Thats what i want. Thats what any fan would want. A team playing good attacking football and the players within that team being able to pick a pass. A team with flair and players wearing our jersey who will do things on the pitch that will get us out of our seats to applaud something that we mortals couldn't do in our pub team.

Its been a very long time since we've had a team like that as we continue to waste time and money on the wrong managers. Have we now got the right manager in Lambert when we have missed out on Jol and now an available Redknapp?

That is my frustration!