Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

At least if Lambert got poached by one of the bigger clubs he will have had to do a very fine job here.

Ok, so let's say we change manager yet again and bring in Redknapp. How long do we give him? 5 games? 8 games? Surely no more than 10? :rolleyes:

Resorting to sarcasm again to try and score points. Now where have i seen you doing that before?

Bit of an extreme example using a player that didn't perform too well. Maybe we could go the other way and bring back Downing, Milner, Ash, Barry all of whom were very experienced players when we sold them and have been sold and either not replaced or not replaced with anything like the same quality.

The core of what was a very good side that could compete in the top third of the table has been ripped to pieces in three years in the main due to cutting costs. Friedel, Luke Young, Ash, Barry, Petrov, Downing, Milner would walk into our best 11 now and the likes of Cuellar, Reo Coker and Collins wouldn't look out of place alongside the current mob.

We have gone backwards at an alarming rate and the ultimate fault for that lies firmly at Lerners door.

Good post and seemingly Lerner has got it wrong again.

quality & experience will cost,take man city project,barry ticked the box for them,they paid the fee & hey presto.. we need some MEN in the team,charlie adam would have been a great signing @ 3.5m, stoke are creating chances & will reap the reward. for me delph/bannan.herd/kia/ do not inspire or make me feel they have the quality to get ASTON VILLA higher that 5th from bottom. yes we have wage problems but its vital for villa to stay up. under mon we had a 5yr plan,i hope pl/rl have a plan.

Resorting to sarcasm again to try and score points. Now where have i seen you doing that before?

I'm not trying to score points, I'm pointing out the ridiculousness of calling for Lambert's head after 9 league games.

No to charlie adam.

Starting to play well for Stoke and would have been an improvement on what Lambert has signed for our midfield. Anyone mentioning KEA to me again. Question. What does he do? Can he play a killer pass? No. Is he good at deadball situations? No. What is he good at then? Mmmm ....

Bloody hell, Adam? Whats next, Carroll? Overpriced British plodders. I will take KEA and Benteke anyday over that pair. For sure we could use some more quality though I agree with that. Unfortunately quality costs, not bargain hunting like Adam. Our midfield is going to take a couple of very big signings to fix imho and no I have no idea who.