Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

No one is blaming MON entirely but you have to ask who negociated the contracts of these players to have signed them?

Yes RL said yes and provided the funds but MON and RL aside in any blame game how the **** can anyone justify the wages of Beye, Heskey, Shorey, Sidwells etc all who did sod all for the club?

Its a case of 6 of one half a dozen of the other but either way you dress it up we are recovering from the situation now and I think RL will once again put his money where his mouth is in providing more funds to build the team once again like he did with MON.

Hopefully this time we will not sign shite players on high wages with ridiculous lengths to them.

Again it's not a blame game just touching on where the root the disaster we are recovering from grew from.

Every team signs duds though, every club can provide examples of players earning more money than they deserved.

Our problem was that there was no plan in place, no thought for the future and instead of slowly getting it under control we literally stopped everything after a very good season. Then to help us drop even further we made 2 terrible managerial appointments and wasted millions on paying 3 managers and birmingham city compensation.

If we want our Villa to become competitive again then we must put the correct manager in place. We should have gone for Jol when he was available and we should now sack Lambert and offer Redknapp what he wants to come to our club.

I agree that putting Jol in place instead of McLeish would've been great but alas it didn't happen. But sacking Lambert now and bringing in Redknapp? I'm not sure which part of that statement is more silly.

Do you not think Mantis that Redknapp given the correct finanical backing would make an instant impact on our club and for those smart alec's out there i don't mean bankrupting the club. What i mean is that rather than waiting for the next three seasons (at least)on Lambert's signings either improving our status or not, we should get back to a manager who will buy and attract the right players and indeed then get those players playing in the correct manner.

You see i'm one of those fans who are actually getting rather fed up waiting on a decent Villa side to appear. I want to see our team playing the kind of football that 'Big Ron's' team did. I'm not stupid enough to believe that we have the finances to compete with Man U, City, and Chelsea but i do think we should being doing a lot better than we are and after having a look at Lambert's signings and how our team is currently playing i have no confidence whatsoever that lambert will build his own dynasty here.

Redknapp would be able to attract better players that wouldn't come here for Lambert and i have no doubt he would transform us into a much better team more quickly. Not saying he will go to Blackburn but if he is even contemplating that then surely he would come to us given the right conditions.

What and you don't think I'm fed up of watching us be shit? Unlike some though I've got patience and accept that it isn't going to change overnight. Redknapp is 65 as well and not somebody to build something here.

To be honest it's not so much getting Redknapp in that I find baffling but sacking Lambert at such an early stage.

Redknapp 'a short term fix?' Well how fecking long do you want to wait until we have a good team again? We've already had the debacle of GH and the ginger one and now another manager who has presided over our worst start in the Premiership ever with us playing dreadful football, actually on a par, if not worse than Mcleish!

Redknapp would get us going again. Yes he would purchase experienced players but is that not what we need FFS? This whole site has been stating that Lambert must bring experienced quality into the club in January but i'm not sure that Lambert could either attract the type of quality needed (Dempsey) or indeed have the inclination to bring in the 3-4 experienced quality that we need.

I actually find there is a misguided arrogance with some Villa fans that we still have a choice on who we can choose from players available. Certainly with Lambert or indeed the previous manager, we don't anymore, but bringing someone like Redknapp to the club would certainly change all that for the better.

Yes i saw plenty of patience from you last year.

Now you're resorting to personal attacks? I was patient with McLeish for a time just like everybody else but it was clear that he was not right for us. At least under Lambert there have been some good signs albeit with mostly poor results. You seem to take issue with the fact that I judge managers individually.

Redknapp 'a short term fix?' Well how fecking long do you want to wait until we have a good team again? We've already had the debacle of GH and the ginger one and now another manager who has presided over our worst start in the Premiership ever with us playing dreadful football, actually on a par, if not worse than Mcleish!

Redknapp would get us going again. Yes he would purchase experienced players but is that not what we need FFS? This whole site has been stating that Lambert must bring experienced quality into the club in January but i'm not sure that Lambert could either attract the type of quality needed (Dempsey) or indeed have the inclination to bring in the 3-4 experienced quality that we need.

I actually find there is a misguided arrogance with some Villa fans that we still have a choice on who we can choose from players available. Certainly with Lambert or indeed the previous manager, we don't anymore, but bringing someone like Redknapp to the club would certainly change all that for the better.

I don't think it's fair to say the football has been worse than under McLeish. There have been some signs that we could be good given time. This is a new team remember.

No, we don't need experience we need quality. I find this obsession with experience boring. Let's just bring Heskey back shall we?

What and you don't think I'm fed up of watching us be shit? Unlike some though I've got patience and accept that it isn't going to change overnight. Redknapp is 65 as well and not somebody to build something here.

To be honest it's not so much getting Redknapp in that I find baffling but sacking Lambert at such an early stage.

I would actually turn that around a little. Lets say for argument sake that i agree with you that Redknapp is too old to build something here and we stick with Lambert. Even if Lambert was a success here do you think he would stay with us? Has he not left every club he has been at, actually dropping them in the shit for what he deemed to be something better? In Redknapp's case he is 65. If he did come here this would inafect be his last big job in football and he would have nowhere to go after sorting out the mess here. I therefore believe for that reason he would not be a short fix and would actually enjoy working under a chairman who probably would give him slightly more control than he had at Spuds.

No i think at this present time Redknapp is actually ideal for us.

At least if Lambert got poached by one of the bigger clubs he will have had to do a very fine job here.

Ok, so let's say we change manager yet again and bring in Redknapp. How long do we give him? 5 games? 8 games? Surely no more than 10? :rolleyes:

No, we don't need experience we need quality. I find this obsession with experience boring. Let's just bring Heskey back shall we?

Bit of an extreme example using a player that didn't perform too well. Maybe we could go the other way and bring back Downing, Milner, Ash, Barry all of whom were very experienced players when we sold them and have been sold and either not replaced or not replaced with anything like the same quality.

The core of what was a very good side that could compete in the top third of the table has been ripped to pieces in three years in the main due to cutting costs. Friedel, Luke Young, Ash, Barry, Petrov, Downing, Milner would walk into our best 11 now and the likes of Cuellar, Reo Coker and Collins wouldn't look out of place alongside the current mob.

We have gone backwards at an alarming rate and the ultimate fault for that lies firmly at Lerners door.

Now you're resorting to personal attacks? I was patient with McLeish for a time just like everybody else but it was clear that he was not right for us. At least under Lambert there have been some good signs albeit with mostly poor results. You seem to take issue with the fact that I judge managers individually.

I don't think it's fair to say the football has been worse than under McLeish. There have been some signs that we could be good given time. This is a new team remember.

No we need both. Experienced quality! Actually take the time to read my post properly and i see you've just corrected a previous poster for insulting you so less of the sarcasm please concerning the heskey quote.

No we need both. Experienced quality! Actually take the time to read my post properly and i see you've just corrected a previous poster for insulting you so less of the sarcasm please concerning the heskey quote.

I wasn't being insulting towards anyone, just questioning how far to go with this "experience first" attitude.

Why do we need experienced quality? Quality is quality.