Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Any conbination of results was gonna see us drop a few places today, but the silver lining is were still 3 wins above qpr and reading and 3 points above wigan and southampton, and we play both at vp in the coming weeks, we could effectively be clear of trouble end of jan

Don't want to jinx it, but if you adjust for the aborations of the City and Southampton games we have one of the meanest defences in the league. We've struggled for goals but the past few games looks like this is being addressed (so long as Benteke stays fit/in form). The teams around us have tough/defining games over the next month as do we. After Chelsea we have a run of tough games that are winnable against mediocre opposition. The momentum is in our favour and it's up to us to take advantage. This is not saying we will or should get the points but if we're any good, this is the time to press home the platform we have built over the past 6 games or so.

• Like 1

Although we've dropped a few places, today's results could have been a lot worse. Wigan and reading losing were vital results. Newcastle and Sunderland would of been better being draws but could of been worse if qpr or Southampton won. I don't think we'll get anything tomorrow but please don't destroy our goal difference. I think we can however claim the 3 points on boxing day and next Saturday.

Fulham sliding down the table at an alarming rate now.Good for us another team mixing it down there.

Because Fulham pick up most of there points at home, when they fail to win at home and lose away they drop down the table which is what's happening now.

Although those teams on paper look easier to play, they have nonetheless improved. Its not just going to be a case of the next set of fixtures are easier so we'll automatically pick up points against them and that was my point.

Improved from when?? Swansea, Wigan and Southampton have all lost two out of their last three and Albion have lost 3 of their last 5. I imagine that you are using a different interpretation of "improving"

After the festive period fixtures we will still be in the relegation mix and only some very smart transfer dealings in January will stop us from having to look over our shoulders for the remainder of the season.

The win at Anfield was good but it only papers over the cracks in what is a very young, thin and inexperienced squad of players.

Disappointing to lose our GD advantage.An embarrassing scoreline but thats what is likely to happen with the gap the spending of the two teams.Fact is we could of gone defensive but we tried to score and kept getting caught.

Dear Santa,

All I juan for Chris'mass is for the Chelsea fans to stop hating me.

Your amigo,

FSW

Merry ****' Xmas Rafa, you hit the payload. Leave it to us to give people a hand. Need to break a duck? Come and play Villa.

Just another reason why we should have a winter break from football, to save us from being majorly depressed 2 days before Christmas.

Utter shite.

We could still go down

and so could *theoretically speaking*:

Manchester City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Everton

Spurs

WBA

Liverpool

Stoke

Norwich

Swansea

West Ham

Fulham

Newcastle

Sunderland

Southampton

Wigan

QPR

and Reading

:) All teams below the 40 point mark.

One terrible result doesn't dictate everything. Even with that knock, our goal difference is still only 1 goal worse than the teams below us. We still have a 3 point gap. Not overly worried at this point. There are worse teams than us.