Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Great opportunity to start motoring up the league now, even if we get little against Chelsea and Spurs, the fixtures after are Wigan, Swansea, Southampton, West Brom, Newcastle, West Ham.

I'd be disappointed if we aren't on or close to 30 points by the end of those games tbh, we'd be pretty much safe by then.

bald by any chance 8pints? ;)

would love 18 but i reckon it'll be closer to 10 points from the next 8. well that would be great too.

Haha no not yet but you've tapped in to my reasoning, I shave my head anyway :)

atleast the whole focus is now moving on up the league and moving away further from the bottom cluster.

I hope it's not a case of the old Villa of 2 steps forwards then 6 steps back.

Too many times over the years have we looked in positions to kick on and seem to stand still or fail.

This next month or 2 is a real test of PL character and the team to show how far they have actually come as for me this is where the season now begins to actually get going,

Some very good fixtures coming up whilst currently in a promising league position, A transfer window, A Lge Cup Semi Final adding to a team that looks to be gelling well together now and more fresh faces arriving to strengthen.

The next six weeks is going to be very exciting indeed.

Out of Chelsea, Spurs, Wigan, Swansea, Southampton, West Brom, Newcastle, West Ham. 10 points is VERY realistic, however requiring 14 points out the last 13 games is not guaranteed..These next 8 games are REALLY important for our season. If we cant pick up a few wins we could be in massive trouble.

Thinking positively, if we could pick up 4 wins and a grab a draw or 2 we would be in a fantastic position,

I hope it's not a case of the old Villa of 2 steps forwards then 6 steps back.

Too many times over the years have we looked in positions to kick on and seem to stand still or fail.

And that is what Lambert is trying to build to avoid

Indeed I am - as you yourself refer to above - namely that you also couldn't trust the Manager based on a handful of games either.

The point is does it not occur to you that much of your overall criticism of Villa this season is too premature, it is why so much of the world of football is chaotic, too many fans who simply don't possess any patience, any sense of perspective.

Whether it is particular players, our League position, or PL as Manager, you would be better having some patience. If the whole fanbase had been like you we would be on anothe Manager by now - it is just crazy.

Yes i was premature about Benteke and as it turned out, very wrong about him which i'm really glad to say contrary to opinion.

Not sure yet whether i have also been wrong about Lambert and our league position. With a few bad results we could still be in trouble come January. I do sincerely hope i'm wrong though as i want nothing but success for our club but we'll see.

You come across as a troll to be honest. You could start an argument in an empty house by the looks of it. Most of your 'judgements' are knee-jerk and premature and you also have the ability to labour arguments and dwell on bad things even during periods where our form is good. This is why you find yourself having to constantly defend your 'positions'.

Yeah my better half would say the same thing about starting an argument in an empty house so no problem at all with that. I can also understand that some might think i'm trolling, posting for affect or whatever but i'm not.

I actually try to post as a Villa fan while having an independant view. Not biased just because i'm a Villa fan and that will piss some ardent fans off and it has which i'm not sorry about but can understand it.

Didn't he win something with Liverpool?

Rumour has it that we approached Rafa to manage our club but we were turned down.

If he is that bad a manager why did Chelsea approach him in the first place?

The Chelsea fans didn't want him at the club due to Rafa previously stating that he would never manage their club. I'm not sure what that's got to do with Rafa's ability as a manager

Other rumour was that he wanted 50 million to spend so I think the club were right to avoid him!

Great opportunity to start motoring up the league now, even if we get little against Chelsea and Spurs, the fixtures after are Wigan, Swansea, Southampton, West Brom, Newcastle, West Ham.

I'd be disappointed if we aren't on or close to 30 points by the end of those games tbh, we'd be pretty much safe by then.

Not so sure about that. Those are all hard games for different reasons.

Not so sure about that. Those are all hard games for different reasons.

All PL games are hard, just some are harder than others - ManU, City, Arse, 'Pool, Chelsea, and some are a little less hard - Swansea, Wigan, West Brom, Southampton....which ones would you rather have as your next batch?

All PL games are hard, just some are harder than others - ManU, City, Arse, 'Pool, Chelsea, and some are a little less hard - Swansea, Wigan, West Brom, Southampton....which ones would you rather have as your next batch?

I agree david on paper it looks appealing to have the latter bunch especially with the team now seem to be finding there feet now and the transfer activity that occurs etc.

Let the good times roll.

Other rumour was that he wanted 50 million to spend so I think the club were right to avoid him!

I actually heard it was 30m which with the expenditure of Lambert in the summer might have been doable but i take your point.

Although those teams on paper look easier to play, they have nonetheless improved. Its not just going to be a case of the next set of fixtures are easier so we'll automatically pick up points against them and that was my point.