Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

What will it take to relegate stoke ?

A lot of surprising results and a massive 13-goal swing in goal difference between Wigan and Stoke.

The most "plausible" scenario would involve (among other things) Villa beating Chelsea but then getting thrashed by Wigan, so it would mean the season ending on a bit of a downer for us.

Anyway, it's basically not going to happen.

• Like 1

If there's a God, Southampton will go down after they cheated at VP and a smug Ricky Lambert (no relation) claimed the pen was stonewall.

Ofcourse there's a God, have you never heard of Paul McGrath?

Take 30 hail Mary's for your sin against the Saints! :)

This reminds me of FIFA.  In at least the American version, I do not know if all the English commentary is the same, Clive Tyldesley ask Andy Townsend who the best player he ever played with at Villa, and Townsend says, "Paul McGrath.  No doubt about it."  Makes me smile every time   

What will it take to relegate stoke ?

A lot of surprising results and a massive 13-goal swing in goal difference between Wigan and Stoke.

The most "plausible" scenario would involve (among other things) Villa beating Chelsea but then getting thrashed by Wigan, so it would mean the season ending on a bit of a downer for us.

Anyway, it's basically not going to happen.

I bet there are posters on the Stoke forums right now panicking that this exact scenario will unfold.

It's interesting (To me anyway :)) That at the awards ceremony and the interviews there the players give the impression their attitudes are that we're safe now.

Wigan will not take another point this season. They will also lose the FA cup final. Last night killed them.

They have no defenders. They are much much worse then us in defence. They have Gary Caldwell playing for them FFS.

Arsenal will win probably by a margin of three to four goals. City will roll them over easy in the final. We will put atleast three goals in and win the game comfortably.

I can't believe they are actually IN the FA Cup final...normally I'd root for the clear underdog, but I've come to really dislike Wigan over the last 2 or 3 years. 

It's interesting (To me anyway :)) That at the awards ceremony and the interviews there the players give the impression their attitudes are that we're safe now.

Perhaps they've all had a week's wage at 100+ to 1, just in case!

• Like 1

I'm starting this now because I can't find the old one. We are still shit and Lambert is not a miracle worker. I still believe it is a possibility we can go down and this is not a knee jerk reaction to today's game it's from looking at our squad and the serious lack of quality.

Mods close this thread if you must and I sincerely I hope I am made to shove it up my ass in a few weeks time. But at this present time I honestly believe the possibliity and implications of relegation should be discussed.

original.gif

• Like 1

I'm starting this now because I can't find the old one. We are still shit and Lambert is not a miracle worker. I still believe it is a possibility we can go down and this is not a knee jerk reaction to today's game it's from looking at our squad and the serious lack of quality.

Mods close this thread if you must and I sincerely I hope I am made to shove it up my ass in a few weeks time. But at this present time I honestly believe the possibliity and implications of relegation should be discussed.

original.gif

Which part of that text is Bill Murray shaking his head to?

Is it because as an american he doesn't understand the concept and implications of relegation?

Wigan will not take another point this season. They will also lose the FA cup final. Last night killed them.

They have no defenders. They are much much worse then us in defence. They have Gary Caldwell playing for them FFS.

Arsenal will win probably by a margin of three to four goals. City will roll them over easy in the final. We will put atleast three goals in and win the game comfortably.

I can't believe they are actually IN the FA Cup final...normally I'd root for the clear underdog, but I've come to really dislike Wigan over the last 2 or 3 years. 

Could that be anything to do with the fact that over the last 3 seasons they have been our perennial rivals for relegation?

Had we been fighting it out at the top of the league as in the previous 3 seasons then it is highly unlikely that any Villa fan would even mention the name Wigan let alone be disliking them!

Just a thought.

Could that be anything to do with the fact that over the last 3 seasons they have been our perennial rivals for relegation?

Had we been fighting it out at the top of the league as in the previous 3 seasons then it is highly unlikely that any Villa fan would even mention the name Wigan let alone be disliking them!

Just a thought.

No I don't think so. As stated elsewhere, I think most of the hatred towards Wigan is because of their rent-a-quote chairman. No matter where you are in the league, you still have to listen to that bell-end.
  • Like 3

My first post!

Been following Villatalk for a while and have decided to get involved.

We have almost beat the drop but what I think has been really positive is we have beat the teams around us in proper pressure situations by beating QPR, Reading, Sunderland, Norwich and even West Ham in the so called "must win" games. What has been unfortunate is that with our recent form it hasnt propelled us further away from relegation because of 1) our very poor Christmas period and 2) our rival teams picking up points.

I have seen enough this season that shows great potential for years to come.

• Like 2

Welcome Dbonne10. You're right, it has been very pleasing to see us beating the teams around us, because to me anyway I like to think it shows that we're better than that and are only down there temporarily while we re-group. That they can go back to scrapping amongst themselves next season. As for pulling away. You need Champions League form to properly pull away from that once you are sucked into it. Southampton had that a while back and all of a sudden they've found themselves drifting backwards again. Here's to a massive Saints win at the weekend :P

• Like 1

I hope Wigan win the FA Cup. I don't particularly like Whelan but I remember them as a non league club and I'm sick the rich boys having everything to themselves. I see the sky cameras are at Old Trafford for the final game of the season. yawn

• Like 1

My first post!

We have almost beat the drop but what I think has been really positive is we have beat the teams around us in proper pressure situations by beating QPR, Reading, Sunderland, Norwich and even West Ham in the so called "must win" games. What has been unfortunate is that with our recent form it hasnt propelled us further away from relegation because of 1) our very poor Christmas period and 2) our rival teams picking up points.

My first post!

How dare you come on here with your 1st post & cause such controversy & have everybody at eachothers throats. I totally 110% disagree with your post & you are totally of your rocker!

Welcome to VT Dbonne 10! :P;)

My first post!

Welcome to VT. The fans forum where everyone thinks they are right and argues the toss with everyone else but the reality is only I am right!

:D

My first post!

Welcome to VT. The fans forum where everyone thinks they are right and argues the toss with everyone else but the reality is only I am right!

:crylaugh:

My first post!

You can only say that if you have the stats to back it up.  :P