Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

A shame Liverpool deliberately took their foot off at 6-0... Am sure i saw Brendan Rogers tell them to "stop" when it went to 0-6 & sure enough they suddenly stopped playing & started knocking it around at the back... Thats bad really as the GD could be crucial for other teams including us so for me they should've kept on going... Chelsea did against us ffs!... Also in the after match interviews the Liverpool players were saying they hoped Newcastle would stay up & looked really gutted they had beaten them so badly!

newcastle are in trouble.

West Ham are in form, so next week they'll probably lose. then a away game QPR, who will be already relegated, so winnable last day home to Arsenal in CL ticket battle.

they can get 40 points, but this is not the time to be out of form

They are the stoke or Sunderland of a few weeks back - they got the wins to turn it around - and I feel Newcastle will. Like Sunderland and Stoke they have good players playing badly. That isn't the problem at villa - we don't have enough good players.

Despite today I feel Newcastle will pull a rabbit from the hat when they need it - probably next week.

I disagree. If our attack of Weimann, Gabby and Benteke (which is easily one of the league's best outside the top 4) are all on form then we should stay up comfortably. I think we have the players to stay up I'm just not sure we have the mental toughness.

I think the mental toughness comes with being a good player. If Joe Bennett knew that winger XXX wasn't going to cause him any problems - then would argue he has mental toughness. But Joe Bennett knows that winger XXX , will get past him several times in a game - not because of mental toughness - but because he doesn't have the tools in his armoury to stop winger xxxx

Yes our crop of forwards does look promising - but overall we have only scored 37 goals this season (3rd worse behind QPR and Stoke)

A shame Liverpool deliberately took their foot off at 6-0... Am sure i saw Brendan Rogers tell them to "stop" when it went to 0-6 & sure enough they suddenly stopped playing & started knocking it around at the back... Thats bad really as the GD could be crucial for other teams including us so for me they should've kept on going... Chelsea did against us ffs!... Also in the after match interviews the Liverpool players were saying they hoped Newcastle would stay up & looked really gutted they had beaten them so badly!

Others are probably saying this about Man United and us,

West Ham are in form, so next week they'll probably lose. then a away game QPR, who will be already relegated, so winnable last day home to Arsenal in CL ticket battle.

They are the stoke or Sunderland of a few weeks back - they got the wins to turn it around - and I feel Newcastle will. Like Sunderland and Stoke they have good players playing badly. That isn't the problem at villa - we don't have enough good players.

Despite today I feel Newcastle will pull a rabbit from the hat when they need it - probably next week.

I disagree. If our attack of Weimann, Gabby and Benteke (which is easily one of the league's best outside the top 4) are all on form then we should stay up comfortably. I think we have the players to stay up I'm just not sure we have the mental toughness.

I think the mental toughness comes with being a good player. If Joe Bennett knew that winger XXX wasn't going to cause him any problems - then would argue he has mental toughness. But Joe Bennett knows that winger XXX , will get past him several times in a game - not because of mental toughness - but because he doesn't have the tools in his armoury to stop winger xxxx

Yes our crop of forwards does look promising - but overall we have only scored 37 goals this season (3rd worse behind QPR and Stoke)

We do have players that those around us don't. Not to the extent of Newcastle perhaps but nobody around us has a player of Benteke's calibre for example.

There (IMO) 2 ways of us surviving this relegation battle:-

1.Win 2 of our 4 remaining games

OR

2.Hope someone around us totally implodes 

I can't make up my mind which is the more likley - which is perhaps indicative of how poor we are.

OR

I can't make up my mind which is the more likley - which is perhaps indicative of how poor we are.

I think a win and a draw could be enough, possibly even just one win, just as long as that win is against Wigan.

OR

I think a win and a draw could be enough, possibly even just one win, just as long as that win is against Wigan.

I've said do or die for our last 2 home games - Liverpool or Fulham - we've failed both times. A win against sunderland sticks 5 points between us and wigan - that I feel would finish wigan off. But getting that win is of course another matter - we need Bentekke to have one of his monster games.

OR

I honestly dont think newcastle are going to get another point. Not even talking about todays game they dont have a clue what they are doing. No game plan what so ever. Would love them to go down after way Pardew treated Houghton not to mention being a villa fan

Its a point for Wigan that not many expected and little or no damage done to their GD. It is still a result that hurts us.

Not as much as you'd think though, realistically. A draw was the same as a loss (not counting an absolute hammering for them) in the grand scheme of things

I sincerely hope your right although not many predicted they would get a point out of Spuds.

I predicted 5 out of their last 5 games, so.

Spurs - D/L

Swansea - W

Baggies - D

Arsenal - L

Villa -D/L

and I'd say that's being realistic. With that, we need 3 more points to stay up. Achievable! And that's without the newcastle collapse.

Edited by StefanAVFC

OR

I honestly dont think newcastle are going to get another point. Not even talking about todays game they dont have a clue what they are doing. No game plan what so ever. Would love them to go down after way Pardew treated Houghton not to mention being a villa fan

People were staying that about Stoke and Sunderland a few games back - they've both won 2 on the bounce now. I think the talent is there in the newcastle squad - and it will come together in at least one of there games. 

I predicted 5 out of their last 5 games, so.

Spurs - D/L

Swansea - W

Baggies - D

Arsenal - L

Villa -D/L

and I'd say that's being realistic. With that, we need 3 more points to stay up. Achievable! And that's without the newcastle collapse.

I think most people will state it will come down to that last game. And that is exactly what people are nervous about.

Yeah, but I'd much rather be in a position where 

1) We can still lose and stay up

2) Either win and draw and it's fine

3) Another team are still in danger (so wigan could win and if they lose, we still stay up)

3) Another team are still in danger (so wigan could win and if they lose, we still stay up)

I can't see the wigan game having nothing riding on it. Worse case scenario, I think is that we go there needing to win by clear goals to stay up.

most likley we will need to avoid defeat to stay up.

OR

People were staying that about Stoke and Sunderland a few games back - they've both won 2 on the bounce now. I think the talent is there in the newcastle squad - and it will come together in at least one of there games.

Both had a game plan, all be it not a great one. I never said they hadn't talented players, just a talentless manager

Yes maybe but you don't get over a 6-0 home defeat very easily.

I can't see the wigan game having nothing riding on it. Worse case scenario, I think is that we go there needing to win by clear goals to stay up.

most likley we will need to avoid defeat to stay up.

Spurs were all over wigan when they were 343. Then they went to 433 in second half and it all fell apart.