Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I'm hoping that the final game against Wigan is a west Germany v Austria in 1982 scenario where a specific result keeps both teams up

If a specific result is needed lets say a draw so both teams stay up and one team is winning so a player gives a blatant hand ball and player scores could teams get in trouble with F A?

I think he would have to leave it a few days before picking up his winnings from the bookies.

I'm hoping that the final game against Wigan is a west Germany v Austria in 1982 scenario where a specific result keeps both teams up

Remember it well.

Actually never considered that a scenario, although stuff happens. The only thing you can say about it is that the Germany/Austria game still leaves a nasty taste in the mouth and I'd hate for Villa to be talked of in the same way. Interesting thought though.

**** that. If it keeps both teams up.... I'd live with it - can you imagine the media shitstorm?

"FA probe as Villa - Wigan stitch up relegates plucky QPR"

"Redknapp blasts dirty Villa"

Actually..... that would be brilliant.

• Like 2

If we beat QPR, I fairly sure we'll survive. We'd just have to pick up 6-9 points in the next 9 games which even for us is very doable. Not to mention if we beat QPR, we put further distance between ourselves and them...the same with Reading. We couldn't have had a kinder run-in imo. Apart from United and Chelsea, every game is winnable. 

The Redknap/ MON media love in could be well and truly shattered this season. I wonder if MON would stay and try for promotion or run away, QPR would be finished financially that is for sure.

I'm still not convinced we will stay up, we have given ourselves a fighting chance. injuries or suspensions could cost us, key players and all that. 

The Redknap/ MON media love in could be well and truly shattered this season. I wonder if MON would stay and try for promotion or run away, QPR would be finished financially that is for sure.

I'm still not convinced we will stay up, we have given ourselves a fighting chance. injuries or suspensions could cost us, key players and all that. 

If QPR beat us. They're staying up i think.

Villa (A)

Fulham (A)

Wigan (H)

Everton (A) - Going to be a tough one but with momentum could maybe get a win.

Stoke (H)

Reading (A)

Arsenal (H) - Maybe a point ?

Newcastle(H)

Liverpool (A) - Dont think it will be possible to get a point last game away at Anfield tbh.

The one's without a dash are Winnable. Plus QPR are on a good run with a good team and manager :s

We'll probably be first on MOTD this week, hopefully for all the right reasons.

Knowing BBC though and the love tryst with Arry they'll downgrade the game if villa win. If QPR win it's defo first game on.

rocket polishers.

• Like 1

Sunderland are only 3 points ahead of us... check out their fixtures. Look very difficult compared to ours.

My worry is that we lack experience in the most important areas of our team for the relegation run in compared to the other teams around us. We also have a very inexperienced manager which won't help.

QPR will be a much more difficult proposition than Reading due to having more of what we lack in ability and experience and it will be interesting to see how both our manager and young team deal with that?

_66330281_66330280.jpg

This pic seems to sum it up.

Last throw of the dice for the Reading board but they are down IMO.

As I've said before, it's really down to us versus Wigan - if we can get ahead of them we should be OK.

I would say Southampton are still most definitely in the mix .

_66330281_66330280.jpg

As I've said before, it's really down to us versus Wigan - if we can get ahead of them we should be OK.

Definitely. Maybe even Sunderland as well, but to a much lesser extent. 

_66330281_66330280.jpg

Definitely. Maybe even Sunderland as well, but to a much lesser extent. 

So they might be in theory but the idea that Sunderland will save us by slumping is wishful and - for some, I suspect - vengeful thinking that can't be relied upon even if some would find it nice.  Basically if we get ahead of Wigan we stay up. That's my view. Of course, QPR could screw things up by suddenly getting good, in which case, a new calculation will be needed and life will be more dangerous for us and one or two other clubs.