Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I think he will, but he will use the money his way. he is not going to change.

Actually I think he will get an extra 20 million even if he sells nobody.

£20m would equal about 8 players for Lambert. We won't sign that many in Jan. 2 maybe 3 maybe

Still very confident our team will continue to improve (yes we've been bad the last two games but overall we have been picking up more points) over the second half of the season and with a good little winning streak can end up 11th or 12th.

excuse or not ( i say not but you make you're own mind up), it looks like aston villa football club have the mot injuries in the league at the moment...

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php?SKEY=47cac1518f6f7bc737f3c1fe4abe0553

..coupled with a small squad i'd say that at the very least you could say that it doesn't exactly help in our fight against relegation. it also doesn't help in the competition for places, training and getting the squad to where PL wants to go is also affected.

regardless, even with massive bad luck in terms of our bulging treatment room, we won't go down. it's turned out tougher than i'd have liked, but please give PL the time he needs to do this properly. this process could easily take a couple of years!

chin up though, we might pick up a cup this year ;)

Im going to be honest, I just dont understand how villa fans can take a set of stats and try and make villa look as bad as possible using those stats, and have a go at anyone who tries to see positive things in those figures.

Isnt that a bit weird? is it just me or shouldnt that be the other way around?

I just dont get it. If you feel this way about the club then really,whats the point?

I'll tell you something. The wins at Norwich and Liverpool,which have been trashed on here as us being outclassed or meaningless, are two of the best days Ive had supporting Villa in many years. You know what else? I'm not alone. 3,500 travelled to Swindon on a wet Tuesday. 4500 travelled for hours across foggy England to see us at Norwich and gave one of the best away fan "performances" of the season. You can try and tell them that those games were meaningless if you like, but I can absolutely tell you that every villa fan there had a fantastic night, as we did at Swindon, as we did at Liverpool. Ouclassed? My arse.

Those days we had real pride in our team, a young vibrant, exciting villa team.made up mostly of players we produced ourselves, a proper aston villa team, going to two tough away games and producing massive results, and people on here have the balls to try and make that meaningless because it doesnt suit their arguments to see the truth of it that those who were there know. Those of you trying to make those wins small? Well, its your loss, you are so wrapped up in your misery that you missed out on two absolutely fantastic nights, I loved it, really loved it, was so excited by those games. And thats the way it should be right? Im a Villa fan, I should love us going away to a cup QF and winning. I should love us going to Anfield and winning. Thats part of the bloody job description. Not to sit behind your computer and try and pick holes in it. Whats the point?

Yeah, so things have gone badly wrong last couple of games, and yes that has hurt, but what do you expect? We have been outclassed by two of the best teams in the country .. and yet, for the last 10 mins of the Spurs game the whole Holte (well those who were left) stood as one and supported the team and manager, despite the scoreline. Me? I stand with them. Those of you who want to sit here and wallow in your misery, as I said, its you thats missing out.

One day people will ask you where you were when we were shit. I hope you have a clear conscience when you answer.

• Like 4

Im going to be honest, I just dont understand how villa fans can take a set of stats and try and make villa look as bad as possible using those stats, and have a go at anyone who tries to see positive things in those figures.

I just dont get it. If you feel this way about the club then really,whats the point?

I'll tell you something. The wins at Norwich and Liverpool,which have been trashed on here as us being outclassed or meaningless, are two of the best days Ive had supporting Villa in many years. You know what else? I'm not alone. 3,500 travelled to Swindon on a wet Tuesday. 4500 travelled for hours across foggy England to see us at Norwich and gave one of the best away fan "performances" of the season. You can try and tell them that those games were meaningless if you like, but I can absolutely tell you that every villa fan there had a fantastic night, as we did at Swindon, as we did at Liverpool. Ouclassed? My arse.

Those days we had real pride in our team, a young vibrant, exciting villa team.made up mostly of players we produced ourselves, a proper aston villa team, going to two tough away games and producing massive results, and people on here have the balls to try and make that meaningless because it doesnt suit their arguments to see the truth of it that those who were there know. Those of you trying to make those wins small? Well, its your loss, you are so wrapped up in your misery that you missed out on two absolutely fantastic nights, I loved it, really loved it, was so excited by those games. And thats the way it should be right? Im a Villa fan, I should love us going away to a cup QF and winning. I should love us going to Anfield and winning. Thats part of the bloody job description. Not to sit behind your computer and try and pick holes in it. Whats the point?

Yeah, so things have gone badly wrong last couple of games, and yes that has hurt, but what do you expect? We have been outclassed by two of the best teams in the country .. and yet, for the last 10 mins of the Spurs game the whole Holte (well those who were left) stood as one and supported the team and manager, despite the scoreline. Me? I stand with them. Those of you who want to sit here and wallow in your misery, as I said, its you thats missing out.

One day people will ask you where you were when we were shit. I hope you have a clear conscience when you answer.

Great post

I've been there for around 11/12 years now and I'll continue to do so.

I took great pleasure in the Liverpool and Norwich results. Just like i do whenever villa get 3 points.

It doesn't mean I have to agree when people tell me how good the improvement is though. It doesn't mean that I can't share my views and opinions on a website because they don't suit an optimistic argument.

i can see PLs way of thinking, he probably wanted to buy who he did asap to prevent them going else where, fair enough, most of them are for the future, ie, in 2 or 3 seasons time, hopefully he will buy first teamers in january now he has his main targets in already

It hasn't just been the last two results though has it and what are we missing out on if we exercise our right to criticize when the team has been playing so poorly?

If its actual enjoyment by supporting your club through the good and bad times then no one is missing out because I have yet to see anyone come out and state that they are no longer supporting Villa due to currently being poor.

A massive rant towards 2 or 3 posters who have commented the way you describe about the Norwich and Liverpool games.

A bit OTT if you ask me.

I've been there for around 11/12 years now and I'll continue to do so.

I took great pleasure in the Liverpool and Norwich results. Just like i do whenever villa get 3 points.

It doesn't mean I have to agree when people tell me how good the improvement is though. It doesn't mean that I can't share my views and opinions on a website because they don't suit an optimistic argument.

You just cannot leave it can you

We haven't made massive improvements - we have just started this season slightly better than we finished last season. That's not saying much. We have a long long way to go.

citizen_cane.gif

Yeah, good willy waving post, PB. I wasn't at any of those games you mentioned, but I've stood/sat there under the final (dark) days of O'Leary's tenure, GM MkII, McLeish, Dr Venglos etc...the list goes on. I'm sure others have, too. Where was I when we were shit? see above.

I enjoy when we put in those big performances and the sense of pride remains just as intense. However, it still hurts when we lose, and it hurst even more when we get thrashed. Would I express my discontent at the ground!? No, I'd stand there and sing too.

Do I use this board as a conduit to express my anger/frustration/disappointment? Yes.

If you don't like it, don't read, but we're not going to pretend everything is flowers and sunshine just in case it upsets those of a sensitive nature.

I'd respect a post like PB's and its predictable fans of it more if I'd seen similar stuff last year.

But no it's only rallying to get behind everything and accept the bad times when it's a manager YOU like and YOU rate. Where was this all in this together attitude over the last two years?

You think highly of lambert, others don't.