Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

You look at those games, and you'd like to think there's at least 22-25 points available there

if the players continue to improve, i think there's 30-35 points to be had there without being in the slightest bit overexpectant

now, we're not going to get 30-35 points from them in all likelihood, as it's a young group of lads and they're still getting used to a new manager and a new system, BUT it's not beyond the realms of possibility. you'd have to be bitterly disappointed if we took any less than 23 from the remaining fixtures though

This thread should stay open until we hit 40 points......whenever that is. 2 days after last seasons 1-3 win at stam ford bridge, there was a 0-2 home defeat against Swansea. I dont mean to be negative, I am just a realist.

We've already got a really good run together

yeah don't want to take anything away from what we've acheived so far in turning it around as far as we have, what i meant was we can go from our last 6 form of LDWDDW (league only) including back to back wins, no losses and less draws :) taking our good last 6 game form to be fantastic last 12 game form! 2 big obstacle in chelsea and tottenham, but taking a point away at chelsea would keep the momentum going in to the spurs home game. then we have a run of fixtures which on current form we should pick up a fair few wins.

when was the last time we won 3 or 4 on the bounce? i'd say we can do that after the spurs game at some point and fly away from the relegation scrap giving the drop zone a big fat V sign...

Think that Chelsea game has Draw written all over it..

Hmmm, I think you underestimate how strong Chelsea are at home. A draw would be an excellent result and a bonus point. I think they will be on full guard having watched videos of us last week. Benitez is no mug, he's a top manager.

I dont mean to be negative, I am just a realist.

This is my most hated VillaTalk phrase.

It's utter bullshit

(sorry, don't mean to pick on you Voinjama. I just hate that phrase)

Fulham got a draw, so I don't see why we can't.

Plus Chelsea have just been to Japan and have to go to leeds midweek.

The next milestone for me is raising a glass as we reach 40 points - the iconic number for premier league safely.

The sooner we get there the happier I will be.

22 points to go.

Looking at the fixtures I don't think it's unrealistic to target Sat Apr 13, home to Fulham to chalk up the 40 point marker

Checkpoint reached

The next milestone for me is raising a glass as we reach 40 points - the iconic number for premier league safely.

The sooner we get there the happier I will be.

22 points to go.

Here Here.

I'll definitely drink to that!

Reading are gone now as far as I'm concerned.

I still think Southampton will start to crack a bit in the new year with the unforgiving schedule and standard, they'll be down there.

I think QPR are capable of putting a run together but I don't think they're as strong as us, meaning they're not as capable to get big results out of away games and tough home games.

With the players we have I also fully expect us to be able to claw our way above all of Sunderland, Wigan and even Newcastle. We've got the potential to do it and finish mid table. A lot will depend on what happens between now and Jan 31st. If we add to the quality whilst keeping everyone hungry and on the ball we'll be absolutely fine.

We must NOT let the Chelsea and Spurs games knock all of the stuffing out and leave us feeling at square one again.. Then we'd struggle in the Wigan game and the snowball would continue well on. It's great that we've put a little run together but the next 2 I think are pretty key.

Chelsea will have noticed the result against Liverpool and will be prepared to mark Benteke out of the game...a draw would certainly be more than acceptable, but I still think we can beat them, even at SB

They can try and mark Benteke but I don't think they will succeed for the whole game. As Benteke showed against Liverpool he only needs one chance to score and he will. He had 3 shots on goal and scored two. That said marking Benteke heavily could also give Weimann free roam in their final third which could be just as detrimental.

They can try and mark Benteke but I don't think they will succeed for the whole game. As Benteke showed against Liverpool he only needs one chance to score and he will. He had 3 shots on goal and scored two. That said marking Benteke heavily could also give Weimann free roam in their final third which could be just as detrimental.

Yep, this is the thing, if both Weimann and Benteke play how they did against Liverpool, marking two in-form strikers, who are full of confidence is an extremely difficult thing to do.