Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I think we're all on board with the principle of young hungry & overseas talent

I'm more concerned with Lamberts tactics ie the narrow diamond which is just awful

& the bizarre subs ?? Wtf !!

+ the handling of Bent , albeit I sense that's Lerners agenda - the tool

I think we're all on board with the principle of young hungry & overseas talent

I'm more concerned with Lamberts tactics ie the narrow diamond which is just awful

& the bizarre subs ?? Wtf !!

How do you link Lerner to Bent's bench ride? I highly doubt Lambert would allow for that...

Many people (myself included) like a lot of what he's done off the field - scouted abroad, spent sensibly (as opposed to buying mediocre Premier League plodders and sticking them on massive wages), brought in a new head of European scouting and tried to get rid of the deadwood. He's trying to give the much needed revamp as opposed to McLeish who came in and reinstated the bad eggs and blew a whole load of money on Hutton and N'Zogbia and although he purchased Given who was good, he stuck him on big wages and on a ridiculously long contract. Many people also see what he's trying to do with the team by getting them to pass more and play a different kind of football although obviously this will take time.

Feel free to disagree with it all you like but clearly there are reasons why people are willing to give Lambert time.

I agree with this. I am a Lambert supporter. BUT he is doing a poor job right now.

His transfers I am behind and I liked the way he had us playing at the beginning of the season, but he has tinkered too much, we are no longer playing possession football we are a halfway house between a traditional 4-4-2 and the diamond. He needs to pick one (preferably the diamond) and stick with it for a bit.

He needs to feel the pressure a bit to get his performances back on track. He would rightfully demand no less from his players. Again I support him and he will come good but he is in a bad patch and I have no problem with some fans giving him a bit of stick.

People didn't show the same with McLeish because there were virtually no good signs under him. Many people on the other hand like some of the things Lambert has done and that's why they're prepared to give him more time. I don't know why you find it so hard to get your head round the concept that most people judge managers on an individual basis.

I don't find it hard at all. It's something I completely agree with. You should try reading more.

Which is why I find it very hypocritical and amusing that someone can openly admit they weren't prepared to give Mcleish or houllier a chance and then criticise people for doing the same with lambert.

What's the difference?

Did anyone show anything to mcleish?

When I say manager I mean one that brought here for the long haul not just a stop gap.

I admit I didn't want Houllier from the word go and I felt the same about mcleish.

Neither of those 2 appointments had 90% of this forum behind them to be our 'next manager' like Lambert did.

He has something going for him, what did Houllier or Mcleish bring to the table?

Everything you said there is irrelevant.

Was Morpheus part of that 90%?

His dislike of lambert is no different to your dislike of houllier and Mcleish.

It's ridiculous that you've got the nerve to be so hypocritical about it.

• Like 1

Why would it be Lerners agenda? If he wants to sell surely he would want DB in form and in the shop window?

Stop talking about Redknapp ffs.

Its not going to happen.

If we are in the bottom three by Christmas and Redknapp is still available, i would hope Lerner will pull the trigger on Lambert and then bring Redknapp in.

How would you feel if we kept Lambert who subsequently relegated us while Redknapp went to QPR and made them safe? I can honestly see that happening.

If we are in the bottom three by Christmas and Redknapp is still available, i would hope Lerner will pull the trigger on Lambert and then bring Redknapp in.

How would you feel if we kept Lambert who subsequently relegated us while Redknapp went to QPR and made them safe? I can honestly see that happening.

Then I will admit I was wrong.

Lambert won't relegate us.

Clearly, Lambert feels Bent does not contribute much to the team in terms of actually creating play. He is a finisher. We have Benteke who can finish and offers something else during the build up. Maybe they can work together again in the future, or maybe not. Who knows, apart from Lambert.

People are saying we need to be patient, and people are saying why should we be patient after waiting for something good to happen to the club for a few years now. You have to ask yourself what choice you really have? You gonna give up supporting the club after god knows how many years just because we have struggled to get things right since MON left?

I am certain that Randy is 'trying' to do his best. I am certain that Randy knows what is going on at the club and what realistically needs to be done in order to move upwards - to where we belong? I am certain that he sold the Browns so he could turn his attentions to his own project that he bought for himself, and will do what needs to be done, whether it be in Jan or the summer to move us onto that path we once walked along, when everybody was buzzing with excitement at every game we played.

Just wait and see what happens, you might be surprised. Not saying if that will be a good or bad surprise though...

Everything you said there is irrelevant.

Was Morpheus part of that 90%?

His dislike of lambert is no different to your dislike of houllier and Mcleish.

It's ridiculous that you've got the nerve to be so hypocritical about it.

In your view son.

You are clearly missing the point and I really can't be arsed going over the whole lot again because you fail to realise the truth and chose to ignore the facts and choose to hide behind the bullshit to suit your argument.

As you were.

It's clear as day. Lerner has written into Lamberts brief that managing the wage bill is a key objective.

Bent on 80k a week is a pure luxury we can't afford

He's gone

Complete and utter Bollocks.

In your view son.

You are clearly missing the point and I really can't be arsed going over the whole lot again because you fail to realise the truth and chose to ignore the facts and choose to hide behind the bullshit to suit your argument.

As you were.

Haha

Ok son.

I haven't chose to ignore any facts. You've openly admitted to not giving houllier and Mcleish a chance and then jumped on Morpheus for doing exactly the same with Lambert.

It's hilarious.