Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I think there are worse teams than us, but we really need to invest in January. Or start getting some luck

Nothing to do with luck. We needed quality in key positions before the season started and Lambert purchased rubbish. We are where we are for a reason which isn't bad luck.

Not in the Premiership where it matters most.

Are there different rules in the cup then?

Fact of the matters is, the team we put out was vastly inferior to the team City put out yet we still beat them (and scored 4 goals as well). That shows that we are capable.

Even with the supposed different attitude, they should still have comfortably beat us with the squad they put out.

Crap teams beat top teams every now and again, it's just that we don't do it very often. Two of the best games we played under McLeish were home to Arsenal and away to Chelsea, but they didn't mean anything in the overall context of a truly dismal season.

Strictly speaking yes but I would suggest that the players representing Man City in that game were more relaxed than they would have been if there had been three points at stake. That's why the majority on here don't really give that result much credence.

Of course the result isn't the be all and end all but it still matters. If we get hammered 4-0 at Swindon I'm pretty sure people will use that as a stick to beat Lambert and the team with.

Fair point but there is a vast difference between both clubs perspective in relation to where both clubs are at the moment so a defeat to Swindon would have a more adverse affect on us, than city losing 1-4 in a cup game.

Unsure.

Villa can't score. Southampton can't defend. Norwich are very thin and one key injury would be decimating. QPR are collectively shit but possess the individual talent to pull themselves out of it with perhaps a better manager. Wigan will be thereabouts as always. A lot of contenders.

Unsure.

Villa can't score. Southampton can't defend. Norwich are very thin and one key injury would be decimating. QPR are collectively shit but possess the individual talent to pull themselves out of it with perhaps a better manager. Wigan will be thereabouts as always. A lot of contenders.

I can also see Stoke being dragged in - potentially Swansea and possibly WBA

WBA have 14 points on the board already. They won't get sucked in. I'd say we're already in a place where we'll struggle to catch them.

Quarter of the season gone people, we've had an easy start and only mustered 6 lousy points and only a few goals. It's got R written all over it sadly.

if we haven't got ten points by december 1st then i wouldn't expect us to get out of relegation. i am already very pessimistic about our chances of avoiding the drop and after every game my pessimism grows. our team has young championship squad written all over it, its a team that would push for promotion not the one you play week-in, week-out in the prem

At this point in the season its not a guarantee but it doesn't look good.

The fact holman recieves praise for his performances shows just how poor our squad actually is.

It's been awful for over 2 seasons now thanks to our owner and January is going to be very important to how the rest of the season pans out.

My worry during the summer was that buying potential was not enough, my worry for january is that we'll find ourselves in a position where the quality we need to save us have no interest in joining.