Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Problem is you assess the players we have and tactics we employ and you don't see much room for improvement.

Players like KEA, Holman, Delph & Ireland are playing to their limit. Fact is their best is seriously not PL level.

Fact indeed Mantis, it's very nearly November and we have won 1 game and have a very tough sequence of games coming up - fact is we are shite, and will get relegated.... Though I am hoping for a surprise.

How can you look at us now and think everything is ok...until I see someone taking things seriously at the club I won't be spending any money.

Problem is you assess the players we have and tactics we employ and you don't see much room for improvement.

Players like KEA, Holman, Delph & Ireland are playing to their limit. Fact is their best is seriously not PL level.

It's too soon to judge the "dutch" contingent surely, they are still settling to the pace of the league. As for Ireland, which limit are you talking about because he was fantastic at city. Surely that is the limit for him to achieve? Maybe he can recapture that as our system beds in. I feel you may have a point with Delph though :(

Fact indeed Mantis, it's very nearly November and we have won 1 game and have a very tough sequence of games coming up - fact is we are shite, and will get relegated.... Though I am hoping for a surprise.

How can you look at us now and think everything is ok...until I see someone taking things seriously at the club I won't be spending any money.

That is not a fact. Just a massive over reaction

"It certainly is a risky ploy from Lambert not spending some of his 20million summer budget on proven PL players".

I don't see he had much option AVFCTheObsession. How many decent proven players that were available would he have got with £20m? Three or possibly four. But we needed more and so he got what he was able with the money he was given. We have gone down the route of signing hungry players who will give it all and might just become experienced PL players with us. We did not have the money to sign a number of players at £7m + or to sign players with higher wage demands than we are prepared to meet. So it is a risk but for me it is Randy who is taking it and we are lucky to have a manager like PL who might just pull us out of trouble before squeaky bum time arrives on the last day of the season.

its bloody worrying this time around, were not being unlucky hitting the post etc,were a poor side, said this before that we needed a charlie adam,i think our home form will be so important this season which makes the game so big this sat.. carnt see us out the bottom half of the table this season.

We're not definitely going down but it's possible. The midfield we have just isn't good enough as a unit, it is weak defensively and easy to over power, it also doesn't create enough chances for our forwards. Changes need to be made and we need to sign one or two midfielders in January.

Individually I rate KEA and Delph but as a combination it doesn't seem to work that well, Holman works his socks off but has no serious quality on the ball, Ireland well, capable but doesn't consistently provide. The midfield that started yesterday was poorly balanced, the problem is that the alternatives aren't up to much either, CNZ showed how shite he was yesterday and I don't personally think Albrighton is capable of much either.

"If we're in the shit at Christmas, I expect Randy will chuck £20-30m in."

I expect he may chuck in any money we may get from selling players who are not getting games consistently MMfy such as say Bent and/or N'Zogbia. I think that would be too big a risk to take with our football club but I do think the best we can hope for would be any money from sales and say half (£10m -£15m) from his back pocket.

We have 30 games to go. Over the 30 games will we improve as a side, and the youngsters should improve too, and we'll start picking up more points. Lambert needs to grow into this role as well, I think. He's a talented manager but inexperienced and has never managed a club like ours before. It's a big job, but he'll rise to it. I also expect us to supplement the squad in January - something not all the clubs around us will be able to do.

The performance yesterday was decent, actually. Defensively in particular we were very solid but we're not creating enough. We need to play with more width. Get some balls into the box and with Bent and Benteke up there we'll be just fine.

I find it amusing how everyone said that this would be a long term job and things weren't going to turn around overnight, and then when they don't turn around overnight start getting agitated. We'll be OK, but don't expect us to be out of the bottom 4 by Christmas. We need to be patient.

Playing with no width is a major issue and it's a real concern lambert can't see that.

It means we get minimal balls in to the strikers from out wide (The hardest balls to defend)

It also means our full backs are always exposed and the opposition full backs get license to attack unopposed see Clyne at Southampton game and Riise yesterday. We made them look Like Cafu and Dunga

. I also expect us to supplement the squad in January - something not all the clubs around us will be able to do.

With TV money going up by 70% for Premier League clubs next year I'm expecting every team around the bottom 3 to invest pretty heavily come January. Which makes this season even more worrying.

So it's a fact that we'll be relegated despite it only being October and despite us not even being in the relegation zone as things stand? **** hell how ridiculous.

Where did I say I thought everything was ok? Of course everything isn't ok, but saying things like "it's a fact we'll be relegated" is just dumb.

With TV money going up by 70% for Premier League clubs next year I'm expecting every team around the bottom 3 to invest pretty heavily come January. Which makes this season even more worrying.

True, but we still have more financial clout than those around us.

Playing with no width is a major issue and it's a real concern lambert can't see that.

It means we get minimal balls in to the strikers from out wide (The hardest balls to defend)

It also means our full backs are always exposed and the opposition full backs get license to attack unopposed see Clyne at Southampton game and Riise yesterday. We made them look Like Cafu and Dunga

Yeah I think that's a fair analysis. We don't necessarily need to have wingers on both sides but Albrighton has to play IMO.