Rino8

Oldham Athletic fan stabbed outside Liverpool pub after FA Cup game
  • The man, 35, was attacked a few metres from Anfield just after the Latics' match with Liverpool FC finished.
Ambulance-GV-3.jpg

An Oldham Athletic fan has been stabbed after his team's away match against Liverpool this afternoon.

The man, 35, was attacked a few metres from Anfield just after the Latics' match with Liverpool FC finished.

The man flagged down a passing ambulance on Lower Breck Road near the Flat Iron pub at 5.15pm.

The victim was taken to the Royal Liverpool Hospital where his condition was described as stable. His injuries are not thought to be life threatening.

Merseyside Police confirmed an Oldham Athletic fan had been attacked, suffering a single stab wound, and said an investigation had been launched into the incident.

Jamie Harrison, 37, a Latics fan from Oldham who travelled to the match, passed the scene just after the incident occurred.

He said: "The atmosphere had been fine all through the match and just outside the ground.

"I was in The Flat Iron pub and came out to see it all happening about 500 yards down the street.

"I saw him getting put into the back of an ambulance with a lot of wadding on his back.

"There was a helicopter overhead and two or three ambulances around with a lot of police in the area.

"I feel really lucky - if I had walked out the pub five minutes earlier I would have walked into the trouble and it looked really nasty."

A spokeswoman from North West Ambulance Service said: "We received a call at 5.25pm that a male in his thirties had been stabbed.

"We were called to Breck Road and the man was taken to the Royal Liverpool Hospital for treatment."

A Merseyside police spokesman said: "I can confirm an investigation is under way after a man, believed to be an Oldham fan, was assaulted after the Liverpool game this afternoon."

Detective Chief Inspector Andy O'Connor said: "I want to reassure people that we are conducting a thorough investigation to establish the full circumstances surrounding the incident.

"This was a nasty assault which has left a man in hospital.

"The area was very busy with both football fans and passing motorists when the incident took place and I'm confident some people will have seen what happened.

"I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the incident, or has any other information, to get in touch with us, either through St Anne Street CID on 0151 777 4064, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/football-fan-stabbed-outside-liverpool-6470080

They won't necessarily get better. The transfer work has been very hit and miss, and they'll have to deal with Europe.

Agree, Rodgers has wasted a fair bit of money at Pool and I will like to see how they cope with the Champions League aswell.

• Like 1

Their issue is the positions that they need to strengthen with quality, like cb, they actually have a decent number of players at, so they need to strengthen their defence with quality and other areas (I guess mostly the wings) with depth.

They have had the luckiest season ever

No injuries or suspension

About 20 pens

Have not played against one inform player, toure pulls up aguero anonymous

Hmm Suarez missed the first how many games and Sturridge has missed a fair chunk of the season through injury.

Who has Rodgers wasted money on?  They will obviously need to boost their squad to cope with the demands of europe but they are in a position of strength to do that.

To cope with challenging on 4 diff comps they will need at least 6 top players. Suarez is still likely to go and they will not be able to replace him. Still think they can slip up. No Sturridge and Henderson

Who has Rodgers wasted money on?  They will obviously need to boost their squad to cope with the demands of europe but they are in a position of strength to do that.

To cope with challenging on 4 diff comps they will need at least 6 top players. Suarez is still likely to go and they will not be able to replace him. Still think they can slip up. No Sturridge and Henderson

Why is Suarez likely to go. He loves it there and has just signed a long term contract. 

They have had the luckiest season ever

No injuries or suspension

About 20 pens

Have not played against one inform player, toure pulls up aguero anonymous

Hmm Suarez missed the first how many games and Sturridge has missed a fair chunk of the season through injury.

Suarez missed the 1st 6 games for biting someone. Sturridge missed about 2 games. Compare their luck this season compared to everyone else

Why is Suarez likely to go. He loves it there and has just signed a long term contract.

Because long term contracts are mean a lot. Real or bayern bid 70m he is off.

I know he has improved alot over the last 2 seasons, but Henderson with a premier league winners medal............ There is a bit of the O Shea's about that.

He's been amazing for them this year though.

He is suspended so we will see how much of a miss he will be

It's a bit stingy not to give Rodgers credit. He's doing a great job there and they're an exciting team to watch. I'm still moving to an uninhabited island if they win the league.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â