Rino8

Beat Basel and get a draw at home against Real and they'll be through

You make it sound easy.

Can you really see them getting anything against Real with the way they're playing?

Can you even see them beating Basel? I can't.

Real Madrid are going to destroy them, Bale and Ronaldo will torment their defence. 

How long has Rogers got?  Seriously he must be under pressure.

They came into the season back in Europe and having finished second,  their fans expectation would have been for them to win everything this season and they are not going to win everything,  have had a crap start will struggle to get past the group and to be fair it is an easy group and all this on the back of Rogers spending the GDP of a small country on basically Southampton,  the real Southampton outperforming the old Southampton and the club being investigated for FFP.  Surely he has to be under pressure to retain his job? COme back king Kenny

He has done a remarkable job to turn that club around. Has bought a fair few players and they need time to settle, escpecially the youngers like Markovic and Moreno.

Lallana had little to no pre-season and is playing catch up, Sturridge has been injured.

I don't think Rodgers should be under any pressure at all, only the pressure he puts on himself.

He is different class, this is the first blip, but if Rogers is under pressure after the job he has done then football is well and truly ****.

What happened to giving a manager and a squad time?

In what world is Rodgers different class?

Rodgers is clearly a very good manager.

There's no way he should be under pressure now. He deserves time to turn it around. 

he's tweaked a decent team and lost what made them decent, same thing as mancini did at city

should have put lallana in the suarez role and kept the shape the same, dont think he's bought particularly well, especially balotelli, hard to judge them with sturridge out though, they'll get better

Beat Basel and get a draw at home against Real and they'll be through

You make it sound easy.

Can you really see them getting anything against Real with the way they're playing?

Can you even see them beating Basel? I can't.

Not really 

Rodgers is clearly a very good manager.

There's no way he should be under pressure now. He deserves time to turn it around. 

he's tweaked a decent team and lost what made them decent, same thing as mancini did at city

should have put lallana in the suarez role and kept the shape the same, dont think he's bought particularly well, especially balotelli, hard to judge them with sturridge out though, they'll get better

I agree. But he shouldn't be put under pressure as soon as he does something wrong. He deserves a chance to either see his "tweak" through and see if it comes together, or correct what he's done wrong.

dont think he's bought particularly well

Here's a list of the players his has bought (Loan's excluded). £213,350,000 spent, or wasted, depending on your point of view. If Brendan Rodgers is responsible for signing those players for those fees then he shouldn't be sacked he should be hung.

Fabio Borini Roma £10,400,000

Joe Allen Swansea £15,000,000

Oussama Assaidi Heerenveen £3,000,000

Samed Yesil Bayer Leverkusen £1,000,000
Daniel Sturridge Chelsea £12,000,000
Philippe Coutinho Inter Milan £8,600,000
Luis Alberto Sevilla £6,800,000
Iago Aspas Celta Vigo £7,500,000
Simon Mignolet Sunderland £10,000,000
Tiago Ilori Sporting CP £7,000,000
Mamadou Sakho PSG £15,000,000
Rickie Lambert Southampton £4,500,000
Adam Lallana Southampton £25,000,000
Emre Can Bayer Leverkusen £9,750,000
Lazar Markovic Benfica £19,800,000
Dejan Lovren Southampton £20,000,000
Divock Origi Lille £10,000,000
Alberto Moreno Sevilla £12,000,000
Mario Balotelli AC Milan £16,000,000

I do find it hilarious that Liverpool fans couldn't see that last season was just a Luis Suarez inspired aberration. Without him they weren't up to much last season and were a top 6 side and that's what they'll be this season because they have to play in the CL and Rodgers has wasted the Suarez money on mediocre players.
Edited by villa89

I agree regarding his spending it's a terrible track record, as I said last season he wasted a fortune but got away with it because of Suarez , Sturridge and Sterling.

Don mt think he will get away with this summers spending though.

Can't see them being top 6 come May.

I don't think his spending was poor until this season.

They haven't used the Suarez money well if the early season is anything to go by.

BUT, plenty of time for them to come good yet.

I'll think they will make the top 6. They will finish above Everton.  Yes Suarez was brilliant and infectious on the rest of the side but we are judging signings after only a few games. If we are going to do that then lets write Sanchez off as well.  Think Balotelli may have the opposite effect to what Suarez had though...Lallana is class and will come good...Lovren I was shocked by the price they paid. Origi is a longterm buy and looked good in the world cup.

Really?

Luis Alberto Seville £6,800,000

Iago Aspas Celta Vigo £7,200,000  

Joao Teixeira Sporting Lisbon £1,000,000

Kolo Toure Man City Free

Tiago Ilori Sporting Lisbon £7,000,000

Mamadou Sakho Paris St-G. £18,000,000      

£50m on that little lot. Aspas is 27 and made 15 appearances for the club without a goal before being shipped out on loan, Ilori hasn't played a single game for them, Luis Alberto played 10 games scored 0 goals then went out on loan. Then their is Sakho who they paid £15m-£18m for :)

The only one out of that lot that made any kind of contribution to their season was Mignolet, who is a decent keeper but nothing more.

That for me is a pretty terrible record last season, granted he did well the previous season with Sturridge and Coutinho but even then he paid £10m for Borini and £15m for Joe Allen and I'm not sure either of those were particularly good buys especially for the money paid.

He's done a pretty remarkable job up there to finish 2nd in the league with a team that wasn't even in the champions league (an achievement not one of us on here thought possible at the start of last season).

His job will be under no threat from either the fans or the board. 

Really?

Luis Alberto Seville £6,800,000

Iago Aspas Celta Vigo £7,200,000  

Joao Teixeira Sporting Lisbon £1,000,000

Kolo Toure Man City Free

Tiago Ilori Sporting Lisbon £7,000,000

Mamadou Sakho Paris St-G. £18,000,000      

£50m on that little lot. Aspas is 27 and made 15 appearances for the club without a goal before being shipped out on loan, Ilori hasn't played a single game for them, Luis Alberto played 10 games scored 0 goals then went out on loan. Then their is Sakho who they paid £15m-£18m for :)

The only one out of that lot that made any kind of contribution to their season was Mignolet, who is a decent keeper but nothing more.

That for me is a pretty terrible record last season, granted he did well the previous season with Sturridge and Coutinho but even then he paid £10m for Borini and £15m for Joe Allen and I'm not sure either of those were particularly good buys especially for the money paid.

Sakho, Toure and Mignolet are decent signings. Yeah they overpaid for Sakho and Mignolet, but they're not bad signings, imo. That's more than half of that 50 million.

Aspas is a terrible signing, granted.

Llori is a youngster, plenty of time for him yet. Even Luis Alberto is only 22.

So yeah, they've spent a lot, but I don't think they spent particularly badly until Suarez left.

He's done a pretty remarkable job up there to finish 2nd in the league with a team that wasn't even in the champions league (an achievement not one of us on here thought possible at the start of last season).

His job will be under no threat from either the fans or the board.

I agree but I still think he has wasted a huge amount of money.

Â