Rino8

I think once they get Sturridge back you might see another Liverpool

There's a lot of people saying that, yet they say we were always going to come unstuck...yet we've not had Benteke all season. It's how you look at things really, I say a team who has spent £100s of millions in the last few years should be able to cover 1 player or am I wrong?

I've just watched Rodgers try to say that Balotelli needs time because the Liverpool shirt is to heavy for some players...this is someone who played for AC Milan.

• Like 1

I think once they get Sturridge back you might see another Liverpool

There's a lot of people saying that, yet they say we were always going to come unstuck...yet we've not had Benteke all season. It's how you look at things really, I say a team who has spent £100s of millions in the last few years should be able to cover 1 player or am I wrong?

I've just watched Rodgers try to say that Balotelli needs time because the Liverpool shirt is to heavy for some players...this is someone who played for AC Milan.

And won the Champions League with Inter Milan with a few league titles aswell with Inter and City.

Rodgers is being shown up a bit here, having Suarez covered up alot of the problems in their team but now he's gone those problems are being exposed.

• Like 1

Yes I noticed all the ex Liverpool player, pundits wanted Liverpool to get rid of Suarez but fact is that he was the main reason Liverpool came so close to winning the title. He made other players play better and it will be interesting to see whether the likes of Henderson and Sturridge come close to how they performed last season. Say what you like about Suarez but in my view he was the best player that Liverpool have ever had.

• Like 1

It's really the Gareth Bale lesson - you can't replace genuine world class with several 'good' players, they miss Suarez, they haven't adequately replaced him (they never really were in a position to replace him anyway) and now they don't have him to bail them out and single-handedly win games for them.

The problem is there aren't that many world class players around, and even less that would go to either of them clubs. The only way you can realistically do it is to buy a few top level youngsters and hope they mature into the role.

Its a gamble, but finding a Suarez or bale was done the same way. It's the only option they have, but there will be a lot more failures than results.

• Like 1

have to say I never bought the Rodgers hype last year, he got lucky with Suarez but he has never solved the cracks in his team

Gerrard is awful in defensive midfield and its a lack of bottle why he keeps playing, reminds me of Sven and Beckham

Skrtel was poor last season which was blinkered by his goals

Lovren is average

Lallana is the new Downing

Mignolet is about as convincing on crosses as Given

as for Balotelli, they knew what they were getting

feel sorry for Sterling and think he could be a target for bigger teams next summer

Edited by Zatman

QPR midfielder Joey Barton

"Mario Balotelli? He is the biggest myth in World football the fella. Fair play to him he's had everyone's trolleys down. People now realising just how good Luis Suarez was. I mean how do you replace that quality? Certainly not with MB. He does take a mean peno!"

https://mobile.twitter.com/Joey7Barton

Edited by av1

Or they could have signed Angel Di Maria?

Or Diego Costa

Or Falcao

Do you think?
Yes. A star player for another.

Do you think any of those would have gone to Liverpool with the competition they would have faced?

His signings have generally been dreadful barring Coutinho and Sturridge. He buys AM's like Lambert buys LB's.

His formation generally involves playing with three AM's, so he probably will buy lots of them. We have one LB. Yet buy 28 of them.

It's really the Gareth Bale lesson - you can't replace genuine world class with several 'good' players, they miss Suarez, they haven't adequately replaced him (they never really were in a position to replace him anyway) and now they don't have him to bail them out and single-handedly win games for them. 

I disagree there. You absolutely can.  I guess we can argue until the cows come home about what 'world class' and  'good' mean but history is littered with examples of teams selling their best player and going on to become better after.  Atleti being the most recent example, Costa was immense for them last season but he isn't as good as Falcao (when fit) or Aguero were and he certainly didn't go into last season with anything like the reputation he has at the moment.   You could even say that we wouldn't have won the league or European Cup in the 1980s had we not sold Andy Gray for what was then a British record transfer fee.  There is no guarantee of success when you do sell a top drawer player and replace him with several others but don't say cant be done because it has been. Lots of times. 

• Like 3

Â