Rino8

I'd rather be bitten than have my leg broken but that's not the point here and that scouse tramp Carragher knows it. It's a completely stupid thing to say in the context of a football game. A broken leg can happen accidentally in the normal course of a game. Biting can't. To be honest it's not even worth discussing his quote because you can be sure he knows himself how stupid his point is. It's typical Liverpool FC behaviour backing someone without any thought behind it.

Talksport made a good point the other day. They said LFC brought this on themselves when they backed Suarez to the hilt in the Evra debacle even after he avoided the handshake after them thinking that he would do it, thus making a fool of the club. Suarez doesn't know right from wrong because they haven't shown him. They've shown they'll back him no matter what, so he thinks he can do what he wants. So far, they've done nothing to suggest that he's wrong. And now Carra comes out with this :lol:

The funniest thing about this was suarez reaction when he realised ivanovich told the ref he bit him, he grabbed his leg and winced like ivanovich had fouled him and that's why he bit him.

The defence of Luis Suarez is that a) Jermain Defoe got 3 games for biting years ago, B) what he did in Holland is irrelevant, c) he apologized, d) he left no mark after the bite and e) a rash tackle is much worse because it can end a players' career and a bite is just 3 seconds of pain and a tackle is only three games in suspension.

As much as I know it is a waste of time to argue with LFC-fans or extremely subjective supporters of any view, I just cannot see how people can be so narrow-minded and ignorant to the fact that a grown man has bit another man on the pitch.

It is not about harm or how dangerous that was, because clearly a bite on the arm is not very painful in the long run. What it means and what is demonstrates is a totally different thing, and we all know a dangerous tackle is part of the game because this is a contact sport where 80 kg guys are throwing themselves into each other at speed and with studs under their boots. A broken leg here and there is to be expected, just like a puck to the teeth is expected in the NHL. If that is so sick then don't play football and concentrate on chess. The harm of the bite is clearly irrelevant in my opinion, and especially the severity of it leaving marks or not. Dogs and small children bite, when a small child bites another child it is often seen as the worst thing one can do at that age because it goes against behavior of other kids and signals a dark side so to speak.

Suarez has done lots of stupid things in the past and the sport is often better off because of it. Same with Balotelli, innocent stupid things are fun for most fans of others teams and it creates a certain sense of "what to expect next". The racism thing was stupid but not so serious in my eyes, as using words is not the same as being racist. Nobody thinks Suarez is racist, but role-models have no leeway when it first comes out and that is the only way it should be. Just like politicians bending the rules in their favor, no matter how serious you are judged unlike normal people.  I am not a anti-semite if I joke about one of my friends being a Jew if he nags to collect the 1 pound I owe him, maybe I am an idiot but it does not signal that I feel superior to other races or religions. He has been a victim of serial offense though, and when you are in the spotlight you have to stay clear of any irregular behavior. The fact that he often dives, feigns injuries, cry to the refs and annoy other players does not help. But, the violence and psychopathic acts are the difference for him now. 

Biting is not dangerous, but it is so far from acceptable behavior that it needs to be treated accordingly. Spitting, biting, hitting square in the face, obvious hatred etc is not as "dangerous" as tackling someone like McManaman did the other day - but it is much worse. He needs to be punished for doing it before, he needs to be taught a lesson for not stopping doing violent things and the FA needs to set a clear precedent for the best players. Is there a difference between an honest, average player and a superstar with a record of doing such things? Yes, a small one but non the less a clear signal. Rio Ferdinand got many months more than some average Joe in the Championship for doing the same thing, he became the victim of precedent but I cannot remember a single incident like that ever since. Which it what the FA need to do now as well.

Suarez will receive 2 games off for his 10 yellow cards, he will get at least 3 games as already mentioned by the FA. Not counting the first games in I would say he will deserve 3+6 games for his biting, which means he will be banned for a total of 11 games. Make it 12 so the number is prettier and that will teach him a big lesson not to do such a thing for the THIRD time. Add the spitting, the middle fingers and hitting some guy at International duty into the equation as well...

The end of this season and the first six games of next season.

I wonder if they'll appeal it - you'd have to be a really self centered, chip on the shoulder, world is against me, feel sorry for yourself, hate the world, one eyed, paranoid organisation to do that wouldn't you?

"Liverpool's managing director Ian Ayre has reacted to the Football Association's decision to ban forward Luis Suarez for 10 matches for violent conduct.

"Both the club and player are shocked and disappointed at the severity of today's Independent Regulatory Commission decision, We await the written reasons tomorrow before making any further comment."

They never let you down do they. :)

Rawk is already up to 7 pages in 9 minutes.

I'm quite tempted to sign up and tell the thick words removed why 10 games is ample, given his previous and apparent lack of ability to learn from his mistakes

Rawk is already up to 7 pages in 9 minutes.

I'm quite tempted to sign up and tell the thick words removed why 10 games is ample, given his previous and apparent lack of ability to learn from his mistakes

my mate got banned after about a month. He even tried pretending to be a liverpool fan but too easy to try take piss

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â