Rino8

Liverpool have always struck me as a "small big club". And Anfield seems like such a crap little stadium for such a BIG club.

Holds more than Chelsea. Whatever you say about Liverpool they are the most successful club in the history of British football. 

Actually, I'm not convinced that they are even though they have the most EC wins.

Overall I believe Man United edge them.

Nobody considers the FA Cup that important now. So if you take league titles and European wins they are well ahead of United. If you have to include the FA then you shoud include the league cup which would put them ahead of united overall.

Nobody considers the FA Cup that important now. So if you take league titles and European wins they are well ahead of United. If you have to include the FA then you shoud include the league cup which would put them ahead of united overall.

Ah I see.... so what you mean is if you cook the books to to suit Liverpool then Liverpool are the most successful. I see :)

You almost sound like a Liverpool fan.... 

Overall they have won more trophies than anybody else, so how is that cooking the books. Not a Liverpool fan at all, just grew up with being the team to beat. 

Most people on here probably grew up with United being the team to beat.

Edited by PaulC

What I love is that even some of our own fans joined in the Liverpool love in about how they're so entertaining and it would be great if they won it, but now there's been a massive climb down like it never ever happened. LOL.

If it's between Chelsea, City and Liverpool winning it give me Liverpool any day unfortunately.

If its between Liverpool and any of the other 91 football league clubs, I'd probably only choose Liverpool over SHA.

I'd literally rather anybody else won it.

• Like 1

If it's between Chelsea, City and Liverpool winning it give me Liverpool any day unfortunately.

No thanks. I'll take the oil-inaires thanks. The day I want Liverpool to win the title is the day I totally give up on football.

Edited by villa89

Ah I see.... so what you mean is if you cook the books to to suit Liverpool then Liverpool are the most successful. I see :)

You almost sound like a Liverpool fan.... 

Overall they have won more trophies than anybody else, so how is that cooking the books. Not a Liverpool fan at all, just grew up with being the team to beat. 

I didn't say you were a Liverpool fan I said you almost sound like one and you do.

You are setting the criteria by which you define who is the most successful in order to come up with the answer of Liverpool.

I grew up in the same era but saying they have won more trophies than anybody else depends on how you choose to come up with the figures and which competitions you opt to exclude.

If you take it across all competitions which seems the fairest way to do it then Man United are actually 2 ahead of Liverpool. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_major_honours_won

Ok fair enough the 2nd most successful club in British History. I honestly don't care about Liverpool, it just that it amusing me how many people really hate them on here.

I think Celtic and Rangers would have something to say there.

• Like 2

Looking back at the comments from Lawro and other Liverpool pundits saying Liverpool will be better off without Suarez is laughable now. It will be interesting to see when Sturridge returns whether he'll be even  half the player without Suarez. 

He seemed just fine without Suarez last season.

Whether "nobody" considers the FA cup that important now is irrelevant. At the time they were won it was a proper competition. Much like the UEFA cup was.

Also, what I would give for The Villa to win one of these "not important" trophies.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â