Rino8

Liverpool major weakness again came to the fore last night and I dont think Rodgers has the bottle to stop it. Its not his defence but his Captain Marvel in front of the defence. Positioning and distribution were awful

Its not his defence but his Captain Marvel in front of the defence. Positioning and distribution were awful

It is also his defence because they are poor but I agree Gerrard is horrendous in that position. You can't play a player who can't run, tackle, defend or mark a player properly in front of your back four and expect to be able to keep clean sheets. Gerrard skills are in the opposition's final third, not in his own.

Balotelli is a good striker, who needs to sort his mentality out to become a great striker.

He's tall, quick, uses both feet and is powerful as anything.  He should be aiming to become the best player in the world.

He's great.  He just needs to sort out his ethos. 

I don't mean him being selfish or lamenting his team mates either, but when Balo doesn't turn up, he may as well go home.

May be just me but I dont see balotelli as the talent everyone in the media seems to think he is.

Never the 20 goal a season striker some claim. He's never scored more than 15 league goals in a single season. He'll probably get you 8-12 goals but he will also cause a lot of problems off the pitch if you can't control him.

he just doesn't have the attitude for it.

Adebayor is the same. All the attributes to be a great player but can't be arsed 75% of the time. I think a lot of it could be to do with their upbringing. Very hard to motivate yourself when you already have 1,000,000 times more than you ever thought imaginable when you were a little kid. I think Ballotelli is worth the risk for Liverpool as they aren't the big draw people like to make out they are and were very unlikely to get anyone better. Probably either Ballotelli for £16m or Bony for £20m+. Meh.

Edited by villa89

Yeah, he has the potential to be as dominant a forward as Ibrahimovic is, he just doesn't have the attitude for it.

Neither did Ibrahimovic at Balotelli's age.

Yes he did.

Funny then that he only scored 7 goals in the 05-06 season and has since credited Mourinho (and Mellberg) for his massive change in attitude.

Cappello would have dropped him if their was an attitude problem. He never did.

OnTopic: Will be interesting to see what happens with Balotelli. Seems their will be no middle ground, either success or a giant flop.

Cappello would have dropped him if their was an attitude problem. He never did.

We're not talking about a problem so big he'd get dropped, just one that was stopping him from fulfilling his potential. Balotelli was never dropped by Milan either.

"[he] turned me from a cat into a lion, dragged things out of me at Inter that no one had done before" -- Ibra on Mourinho.

Maybe Rodgers can do the same with Balotelli.

Hopefully not, obviously. Hopefully he scores no goals and they lose every game.

Yeah, he has the potential to be as dominant a forward as Ibrahimovic is, he just doesn't have the attitude for it.

Neither did Ibrahimovic at Balotelli's age.

Yes he did.

Funny then that he only scored 7 goals in the 05-06 season and has since credited Mourinho (and Mellberg) for his massive change in attitude.

Well as Mourinho only spent one season with him 2008-2009 I dont think he can be given credit, He had already score 32 in 53 league games for Inter Milan before Jose arrived and then scored another 25 in 35. Ibrahimovic was already world class IMO by 2006 when he was 24. 

I think its far more likely Balotelli will be remembered like Adebayor will be, so so capable bordering on unplayable when he can be arsed and then absolutely terrible when he cant. 

I hope Im wrong, I want to see Balotelli perform just for the pure enjoyment of watching him. 

I hope Im wrong, I want to see Balotelli perform just for the pure enjoyment of watching him.

I hope you're right. :lol: At least until he leaves Liverpool, I actually quite enjoy him playing too.

Sidenote - I strongly disagree that 05-06 Ibra was anything like world class and it's not me crediting Mourinho with the change but Ibrahimovic himself.

Â