Rino8

Whats there spend this summer .....up to £116m is it - not bad for a club that prides itself on not buying success

But the Suarez sale has accounted for most of that. Spending money you have received for your outgoings isn't what is meant by the term "buying success".

They haven't spent it well though, imo.

Balotelli is the only bargain they've got. They've massively overpaid for their other signings, imo.

Whats there spend this summer .....up to £116m is it - not bad for a club that prides itself on not buying success

But the Suarez sale has accounted for most of that. Spending money you have received for your outgoings isn't what is meant by the term "buying success".

They haven't spent it well though, imo.

Balotelli is the only bargain they've got. They've massively overpaid for their other signings, imo.

That is the market they are in though this summer, I cannot speak the same for Spurs last season.

Everyone is overpaying for players.

They still need defenders. None of their defenders are really top 4 quality.

As do other top teams, arsenal and Utd. Defending becoming a dying art and there are very few top class defenders out there, and those that are cost a small fortune.

They do remind me of Spurs after they sold Bale.

Didn't Spurs finish one place and three points worse off the season after they sold Bale?

I'm pretty sure that Liverpool would happily take a similar result.

If you consider hull paying £12 million for Long it's a bloody bargain.

Not Hull god I'm stupid today Southampton

Balotelli on 90k a week is insane, and for £16m is peanuts, I get the feeling he's a player who get's sick of a place after a season or 2. If he gets 40 goals in 2 years it'll be a great bit of business. That Long deal was nuts, but that's what happens when you look for "proven" talent, that must be the worst purchase of the season, 6 season in the Premier league and hasn't hit double figures.

Balotelli on 90k a week is insane, and for £16m is peanuts, I get the feeling he's a player who get's sick of a place after a season or 2. If he gets 40 goals in 2 years it'll be a great bit of business. That Long deal was nuts, but that's what happens when you look for "proven" talent, that must be the worst purchase of the season, 6 season in the Premier league and hasn't hit double figures.
I think the Balotelli signing is a mistake. Great player when he wants to be but way too disruptive.

Edit: he here he has clauses on conduct and behaviour in his contract. Smart move but what does it say about a person when you have to have such a contract?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I think the Balotelli signing is a mistake. Great player when he wants to be but way too disruptive.

Edit: he here he has clauses on conduct and behaviour in his contract. Smart move but what does it say about a person when you have to have such a contract?

Every single premier league footballer has a code of conduct written into their contracts and have had them for some time.

Every single premier league footballer has a code of conduct written into their contracts and have had them for some time.

Yes, but Balotelli's will go beyond those:

"To that end, Liverpool’s contract offer to Balotelli is expected to include clauses on conduct and behaviour that exceed standard practice. Only if he agrees to the club’s terms and Rodgers’ requirements will the transfer proceed."

• Like 1

that part of the contract will look something like this

7.9  Fireworks

The undersigned party shall not attempt to use pyrotechnics without supervision for the duration of his contract.

Section 8. Random wanderings

8.1 Gatecrashing

The undersigned party shall not will-fully enter a press conference or other officially publicized event (such as a live televised programme) held for a person other than himself unannounced. 

8.2 Girls schools

Etc.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

Balotelli back in the Premier League then, huh?

Mixed feelings to be honest. He is a character, but I **** hate Liverpool.

My feelings too, I like Balotelli being a nutter, and not a savage nutter like Saurez.

And he always fills his boots against us.

If Balotelli does something stupid at least it will give the Liverpool fans an excuse to blame the media and everyone else for it and to get the tee shirts printed 

Balotelli is a perfect fit for them - he'll do something stupid and then they can all rally round him and feed their victim complexes.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â