Rino8

Define "greats" though.  Is Suarez in the top five players ever?  Top fifty? Top hundred?  He is clearly one of the best players in the world today but is he better than Dennis Bergkamp? Marco Van Basten? Hugo Sanchez? Kevin Keegan?  Would he get into Liverpool's all time XI? 

Oh without a doubt he'd be in the all time Liverpool  X1 Better than Keegan and Dalglish.

Dalglish is widely regarded as Liverpool's greatest ever player. 

Kevin Keegan won the ballon d'Or. Twice. 

Suarez is fantastic and I think he probably deserves to be included in the company of players mentioned already in this thread, but above them? Nah. Is he better than Ruud Van Nistelrooy? Teddy Sheringham? Michael Laudrup? Hristo Stoichkov? George Weah?

It's the thing where active players get over rated because they are here today and yesterdays heroes aren't.  All that shit about Tiger Woods being the best golfer ever, he still hasn't taken Jack Nicklaus' record. It's the same with Suarez. 

But was Keegan a great at Liverpool. 68 goals in 230 games. Suarez 67 in 106. Dalglish was a great at Liverpool but neither had the talent Suarez has. Sheringham?  Ok i know its difficult to compare eras but if you mentioned George Best then yea i would agree with you.

It's impossible to compare eras.  Keegan played in an era where fewer goals were scored.  Why are we suddenly in an era where the best strikers are scoring a goal a game?  Is it because everybody playing up front got better all of a sudden or is it because the laws of the game have changed to promote more attacking football?  Offside is less strict that it ever has been, tackling has been all but removed from the game, the back pass rule stopped teams being able to kill games when they went a goal ahead.  You can't just look at stats and say the guy with the biggest number is the best player.  Is Suarez better than Dixie Dean?  

As a whole I don't think theres more goals scored today. Its just Liverpool and Man City. I think we used to score more goals lol. Yes the pitches were far worse, not sure about offsides. Less tackllng yes. There was the 4 step rule with the goalkeepers. Don't know when the back pass rule came in? Football has changed so much. Dalglish has won more so he's better i guess. I just think Suarez has more talent.

You can't compare stats from different eras, it is meaningless. All you can do is see how far a player is ahead of their peers in their respective eras.

• Like 1

I dont know how anyone that cheats can be put in the same league as greats, Is Lance Armstrong as great as Eddie Mercx? We know he cheats, but it seems football is the one sport we allow this and dub some one one of the greats.

• Like 1

I'd put suarez ahead of aguero, aguero is quality when fit but I think suarez is the better player. I think suarez is a huge part of that liverpool team, not just with his goals but his link up play and work rate is top class.

I'd put suarez ahead of aguero, aguero is quality when fit but I think suarez is the better player. I think suarez is a huge part of that liverpool team, not just with his goals but his link up play and work rate is top class.

I'd put Holt above Suarez. 

For me Suarez is in the same league as Joey Barton, Pepe, and half of La Liga (Barca especially). Dirty, dirty players who should not be on the TV for the youngsters to see. Disgrace to walk on the football pitch. 

• Like 2

Would love Suarez to stay in league but I know loads of Diverpool fans and they are seriously irratating. They seem to think they can easily replace Suarez & when I ask who with they jus say I don't know but there's lots of players. Donuts

Yes me too.  

At this minute in time Suarez was born in January 24th 1987 and Aguero was born in June 2nd 1988. 

They're both world class and I would say the 2 most technically gifted players in the Premiership. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â