Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Lexicon, why don't you leave the adults to discuss things without insulting each other, and you go and have another game of Pokemon or look at the underwear section in your mum's catalogue?

Good on you for taking the highroad.

Lexicon, why don't you leave the adults to discuss things without insulting each other, and you go and have another game of Pokemon or look at the underwear section in your mum's catalogue?

..... well... that was deliciously hypocritical... 

Hopefully we'll see better from him next year with a better partnership.

I don't think I can class him as doing fine. We have let in a ridiculous amount of goals this season. His performances, along with other reasons, are a big part of this.

Hopefully we'll see better from him next year with a better partnership.

I don't think I can class him as doing fine. We have let in a ridiculous amount of goals this season. His performances, along with other reasons, are a big part of this.

I agree but I think him and Baker look decent together with the odd mistake here and there but massive improvement on start of season

I agree but I think him and Baker look decent together with the odd mistake here and there but massive improvement on start of season

Plus we could finally have a Boney M chant to cover both players.

♪Vla-Vla-Vla-Vla, Vlaar Baker

That Lack of goal celebration is concerning me.............any conspirancy theories..it does smack of all not being well

As another poster said, they nearly crushed him to death when he scored against Sunderland last month. The lack of a celebration from the team was most likely due to the fact that it was a meaningless game at the end of a long season. The team's been geared toward staying up all season so now that we're confirmed safe I'm not surprised the team didn't celebrate like they normally do.

I really think people are clutching at straws here.

I watched it again. They jogged up to him nonchalantly and laughed because of the absurdly good nature of it.

Delph comes up to him, hugs and laughs with him then Dawkins comes over.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I think the players are just tired to be honest.

You have to remember that for a majority of these players (Lowton, Westwood, Andy to an extent, Delph, Baker, Bennett, etc), this is their first full season in the PL. Couple that with the fact that they've been playing high pressure relegation battles almost week in and week out since February and it's no surprise that they've pulled their foot off the pedal in a largely meaningless game against Wigan (save for some prize money).

They were probably just happy to have the game done with at that point so I don't think there's a conspiracy. I think it's akin to someone scoring the odd and crazy goal in a pub match. You tell him good job but I don't think they were really caring at that point

We should open another psychoanalysis sub-forum at the rate this place is going. Between reading into celebrations too much and the Delfouneso thread, the tin hat crowd are starting to gain numbers.

tin_foil_hat.gif

Edited by juteface
  • Like 1

I watched it again. They jogged up to him nonchalantly and laughed because of the absurdly good nature of it.

Delph comes up to him, hugs and laughs with him then Dawkins comes over.

Cue speculation that a clique between Delph, Vlaar and Dawkins has been formed  :P

• Like 2

Tbh I'm not sold on Cotton Ron and have been a little disappointed, think he's surprisingly poor in the air, got errors in him and just reminds me a bit too much of Jim Collins.

Dutch international footballing centre back and scorer of outstanding goals reminds you of Ginger McHoofenstein?

They play the same position. That is the only similarity.

• Like 1

I like Ron, but he does have a major weakness. He can't jump! It's probably down to his previous severe calf injuries, but his inability to get off the ground has cost us a few goals. He's a strapping lad when the ball is on the ground, but his lack of a leap will cost us again next season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â