Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I got a dogs abuse on here in the summer for saying I thought Vlaar was a best average, he had a good WC but has hardly ever looked good in a Villa shirt.

He is very weak in the air and never looks fit (hardly surprising given the amount of time he's injured).

I would have happily sold him in the summer now I'll just be happy to never see him in a Villa shirt again, goodbye Ron it hasn't been a pleasure.

• Like 1

I got a dogs abuse on here in the summer for saying I thought Vlaar was a best average, he had a good WC but has hardly ever looked good in a Villa shirt.

He is very weak in the air and never looks fit (hardly surprising given the amount of time he's injured).

I would have happily sold him in the summer now I'll just be happy to never see him in a Villa shirt again, goodbye Ron it hasn't been a pleasure.

Things change you know. It's a bit like how people always used to go on about how much he was injured when in reality he's only been really injury-prone this season.

I still think his ability has been quite underrated, he's just been really bad with injuries this season.

He's just about an average player.  His time here has been characterised by long periods of injury, and mistakes when he is on the pitch.  I hope that's the last time we see him in a Villa shirt, he's about the least effective captain we've had in a generation.  Rarely has a nickname been so poorly applied.

Come now he was named in the best 11 at the world cup. Problem is he keeps getting injured and I wonder just how fit he is. 

And Messi was the best player of the world cup.

Even if he did have a good world cup, that's because it's in comparison with his usual form. Slightly above-average defender at best who just had good form in that month. That's all.

In fairness he looked devastated coming off. I know the standard response here is he doesn't care, just like Benteke, I can tell you for certain it's not true in either case.

Should have bloody thought about that before lunging in, giving away the penalty and losing us the game then shouldn't he...

Then again, he wants out... So he doesn't give a shit about the club... He was probably only gutted because he would have to pay a fine...

He's just about an average player.  His time here has been characterised by long periods of injury, and mistakes when he is on the pitch.  I hope that's the last time we see him in a Villa shirt, he's about the least effective captain we've had in a generation.  Rarely has a nickname been so poorly applied.

Come now he was named in the best 11 at the world cup. Problem is he keeps getting injured and I wonder just how fit he is. 

He was great for Netherlands in the World Cup. He's never performed like that for us on a regular basis.

He's a decent player for a team 19th in Premier League but he has certainly not been a great player for us. I'd probably struggle to put him in my top 10 of Villa CB's over the last 30 years. Not a criticism of him, just an acknowledgement that we have had some great defenders over the years

Unlikely to play for us beyond this season, I would think. If I had to sum him up in 1 line it would be this: Easily replaced and wont be missed......

.... and that is terribly sad for a player who is also our captain.

In fairness he looked devastated coming off. I know the standard response here is he doesn't care, just like Benteke, I can tell you for certain it's not true in either case.

Should have bloody thought about that before lunging in, giving away the penalty and losing us the game then shouldn't he...

Then again, he wants out... So he doesn't give a shit about the club... He was probably only gutted because he would have to pay a fine...

I know everyone is really angry right now, but this just isn't true at all. 

• Like 1

Why do we have a captain who knows that he won't be here next season? Hardly the right way to inspire players to fight a relegation battle.

Thought this myself.

Wouldn't start him again personally, he won't be here next season so why would he cares what happens to us even if is just a subconscious thought.

Edited by penguin

Things change you know. It's a bit like how people always used to go on about how much he was injured when in reality he's only been really injury-prone this season.

I still think his ability has been quite underrated, he's just been really bad with injuries this season.

Sadly you don't.

He's not good enough so what's changed because he has never been good enough in a Villa shirt.

I think he'll care as a professional but he can't be 100% committed to the cause. Also how can others look to him during this battle to survive knowing full well he's not interested in being here.

That is my view as well. I don't think he would want us to get relegated and I'm sure he wants us to win, however, it would be naive to assume he cares enough to be 100% committed because he didn't commit himself to a new deal.

Whether we get relegated or not, he won't be relegated as such because he won't be here next season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â