Weimann

3 at the back would nullify Sanchez position though, maybe could play

Guzan

Vlaar Okore Clark

Hutton                                Cissokho

Westwood Delph Cleverley

Gil

Weimann

I would only accept it if Weswood plus Delph with Gil in the middle with Benteke and another up front.

For me it'd be Clark/Vlaar on tuesday, i like Okore but hes been a bit pants the past few games and Vlaar is still our best defender.

Clark and Vlaar has pretty much been a nightmare every time they've been together. They do not work as partnership. 

For me it'd be Clark/Vlaar on tuesday, i like Okore but hes been a bit pants the past few games and Vlaar is still our best defender.

Clark and Vlaar has pretty much been a nightmare every time they've been together. They do not work as partnership.
Agreed, i just said that in the match thread Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Clark has improved since then and doesn't deserve to be dropped though.

Guzan

Vlaar Okore Clark

Westwood Delph Cleverley

Gil

Weimann

Where are the goals going to come from in that line-up!

Guzan

Vlaar Okore Clark

Westwood Delph Cleverley

Gil

Weimann

Sanchez was benched so he might be out of the team for a bit.

I'd still keep Vlaar on the bench.

I don't think Clark or Okore have done anything to warrant being dropped.

Its not ability it's on pitch leadership we lack and Vlaar brings us that.

Clark has been immense, but in the last few games Okore has been out of position a lot and he can't always rely on his pace to get back. Hutton has been worse defensively but Lowton wouldn't be any better so he's safe.

I would rather we started relying on Gil and Sinclair rather than Hutton and Cissokho to supply crosses.

• Like 1

Clark has been immense, but in the last few games Okore has been out of position a lot and he can't always rely on his pace to get back. Hutton has been worse defensively but Lowton wouldn't be any better so he's safe.

I would rather we started relying on Gil and Sinclair rather than Hutton and Cissokho to supply crosses.

Bang on the money this! Also, this team has struggled for ages for a captain that can organise and shout a little. we have been lost since Petrov.

Guzan

Vlaar Okore Clark

Westwood Delph Cleverley

Gil

Weimann

eh Okore is playing ;)

I completely understand the point about leadership, but with Vlaar seemingly not signing a contract with us and looks to be on the move in a few months time, two things are possible;

1. He may not be as vocal as he would be compared to, say, last season (because of his situation)

2. Players may not look up to him as much as they should because of the uncertainty surrounding his future.

I know the above two points are quite unlikely but it is possible. The players probably do still look up to Ron, but we're not there everyday at Bodymoore to see it.

Now, IMO, Ron is the type of guy to wear his heart on his sleeve and will hopefully give 100% - but there's still be a doubt in my mind as to whether he'd still give that something 'extra' for the club, even knowing that he won't be here, and he wouldn't want to get injured again.

BTW I am a big Ron Vlaar fan, its just that I'd rather continue to see Okore and Clark because they are the future of AVFC.

Edited by Jay.P.A

Guzan

Vlaar Okore Clark

Westwood Delph Cleverley

Gil

Weimann

eh Okore is playing ;)

Should be pushed up front!

I completely understand the point about leadership, but with Vlaar seemingly not signing a contract with us and looks to be on the move in a few months time, two things are possible;

1. He may not be as vocal as he would be compared to, say, last season (because of his situation)

2. Players may not look up to him as much as they should because of the uncertainty surrounding his future.

I know the above two points are quite unlikely but it is possible. The players probably do still look up to Ron, but we're not there everyday at Bodymoore to see it.

Now, IMO, Ron is the type of guy to wear his heart on his sleeve and will hopefully give 100% - but there's still be a doubt in my mind as to whether he'd still give that something 'extra' for the club, even knowing that he won't be here, and he wouldn't want to get injured again.

BTW I am a big Ron Vlaar fan, its just that I'd rather continue to see Okore and Clark because they are the future of AVFC.

Well they are both young granted - but a watertight defensive partnership they ain't - lets put the future aside for now - we needs results in the next six games - and for me we stand a much better chance of getting them with Vlaar in the side..

• Like 1

Three CB's not a good idea unless Baker is fit, it leaves us with no centre half options on the bench should injuries happen.

I don't think it's a good idea anyway but it would match us up with Hull who have been playing 3-5-2/3-5-1-1 recently.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â