Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

We look a lot better without him. He's rarely played brilliantly at premier league level and I don't think he does enough to make those around him better.

We won't miss him one bit IMO. We have a good starting pairing and baker and senderos are decent cover.

• Like 1

Aside from getting injured, which I'm pretty sure he doesn't do on purpose, I don't really get all the negativity toward him?

Okay he hasn't yet signed a contract, he may well not do at all but until yesterday neither had Delph who was also getting stick on here and now people are saying he should be bloody captain!

But in all seriousness, football fans are totes not fickle

• Like 3

Maybe after seeing Delph sign on to stay with us Ron might think harder about that. I'm not as pissed off as I was a few months ago though in terms of him signing a new deal as he been in and out, mostly out, with injury and I guess at his age that may continue.

Offer him a contract to get a fee for him in the summer Or lose him on a free . Or do teams not do this ?

Would he even sign though? He'll be able to get a big signing on fee if he lets his contract run down and goes somewhere else.

Yes whats the point of a player signing a new contract if he's going to leave anyway and will have more options if a club hasn't got to pay a fee. 

Could offer a cash incentive?

e.g. sign a new contract now and we'll agree to sell you in the summer for a minimum of £x of which he'll receive say, 30%?

When he was playing he was always the one that seemed to care and be capable of a level above the rest. Is he now considered to have been part of the problem by everyone? 

I still think hes an asset, he was top draw in the World Cup and has put in some pretty big performances for Villa. Is he now a mistake ridden has been, deemeed surplus to requirements due to others or is it just because he is injured and not signed a contact that people are happy to see him leave. 

i think he has been brilliant for us at times and don't think he's let anyone down, he definitely has the quality and I think a fit Ron alongside Okore would be awesome.

But a fit Ron is a rare thing and Clark has been immense.

I will put fifty pence on him signing a 2-3 bumper year deal at the end of the season, mainly because no one else will pay big wages for him knowing he will play no more than 20 games a season.

• Like 1

Offer him a contract to get a fee for him in the summer Or lose him on a free . Or do teams not do this ?

Would he even sign though? He'll be able to get a big signing on fee if he lets his contract run down and goes somewhere else.

doubt any club take him at this stage as he be a major risk at this stage of season as teams that buy need it now

I would be glad for him to stay here for a couple of extra seasons (as long as he stays on reasonable wages, and I realize it's a big if), he can be a huge asset if fit. As long as the manager (weather it's Lambert or not) has the balls to play those who are more deserving (Clark and Okore as things currently stand). Injuries and suspensions are something we must face. Baker (who is also injury prone) has shown signs of improvement but it's still be too early to judge weather he is ready or not, and Senderos has had even worse injury problems than Vlaar.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â