Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

As mentioned earlier in the thread. He is not a great defensive player, but his leadership i.e shouting at the players telling them where to go/be is second to none. This is why I dont think a loan would have worked. Lambert has not signed a leader/Captain since he has been here, a big failing for me. Vlaar is the only one whos takes the responsability.

This is more of the reason we are useless without him!!!

Problem we have is that he's hardly fit. Sadly we need to find a solid defensive pair (Okore and a.n. other maybe) and utilise him when fit. Finding a partner for a player who misses so many games a season is poor management and planning. "Oh we're better with him in the defence." yes but we need more games than he gives us. And don't start me on Baker and Clark.

We miss his leadership. will to win,organisational skills, and his Composure.

I also think the other players in the team look tentative and nervous when he is out,like Guzan

no disrespect to them and not blaming them for yesterday directly, but playing Baker and Clarke together in the middle will eventually take us down....they are simply not dominant enough in that position.

Centre Halves are the catalyst around which the team plays grant they don't get much protection at our place, but Like Mellberg & Laursen....Mcgrath & Southgate ...Evans & McNaught you need that platform to stifle the opposition and create breakaways.

Baker & Clarke for me are just bit stoppers, sometimes have half/decent games when they are being chaparoned by Vlaar, but together.....NO

Which Lambert was probably aware of given the analysis that is done at most clubs nowadays but still failed to get in cover for this player.

Getting cover for Vlaar is harder than some people make out. We don't just need adequate cover for Vlaar, we need someone with similar leadership abilities too.

Complete and utter waste of time. Its ok having these good players - (Laursen rings a bell too) but if they are never consistently fit (which Vlaar isn't) then its pointless. Soon as he is back, its only a matter of time until he gets injured again.

Complete and utter waste of time. Its ok having these good players - (Laursen rings a bell too) but if they are never consistently fit (which Vlaar isn't) then its pointless. Soon as he is back, its only a matter of time until he gets injured again.

Exactly how I feel. It's so frustrating.

it is extremely frustrating to have such an influential player always injured my heart sinks everytime i look at the team sheet and dont see him on it i just immedietly know we are doomed to fail and have a shit game. I think he will be plagued by injury all season as we will permenantly try to rush him back due to him being so vital .

• Like 1

The problem yesterday really wasn't central defense.

I disagree, Tangibly, yes, but intangibly no the problem stems from indecision and lack of dominance.

I don't like Collins, I think he is low grade, but he is dominant and he was yesterday, it breeds a bit of belief.

Look at the table I posted a couple of pages back. Vlaar indirectly affects almost every aspect of our game.

but we say he is always injured....I ain't ****ing surprised

we have a right back that is only attribute is crossing and always out of position,we have another centre half that needs chaperoning, we have left backs a plenty that we can't get right, but until recently can't defend and we have a midfield full of lightweights, none above 6 feet tall that can add any protection/presence..

The bloke is run ragged and you wonder why he gets injured easily.

Look at the table I posted a couple of pages back. Vlaar indirectly affects almost every aspect of our game.

but we say he is always injured....I ain't ****ing surprised

we have a right back that is only attribute is crossing and always out of position,we have another centre half that needs chaperoning, we have left backs a plenty that we can't get right, but until recently can't defend and we have a midfield full of lightweights, none above 6 feet tall that can add any protection/presence..

The bloke is run ragged and you wonder why he gets injured easily.

Think he was injury prone at Feyenoord too. A waste of time.

Edited by Woodytom

The problem yesterday really wasn't central defense.

It was when we conceded 2 goals.

And they were both due to central defense?

well, when Nolan flicked that one in Clarke was on his arse watching him....They both can't READ a damn thing they are simply reactionary boys, they just throw their bodies in the way.....if thats defending then yes they are good.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â