Comic Books

PaulMcGrath_5

448547406_965654855563659_2816024698227964415_n.jpg.a6dfd5675a3f1a09942576f8cef11f1f.jpg00.large.jpg.8fa0981c6c1e478cf782b07849951e0b.jpg

Also 'Roy Of The Rovers' and 'Action' make a return through Rebellion, the company behind the 'Sniper Elite' games.

Mildly curious as to their market.

Is this a venture that'll be supported by 50 year old men? Will there be games to involve a new generation of kids?

TBF 2000ad has been owned by Rebellion for nearly as long as it existed before they bought them at this point. I kinda feel like Rebellion keeps it going for the IP more than they get for publishing it still.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I kinda feel like Rebellion keeps it going for the IP more than they get for publishing it still.

Did wonder if owning 2000AD gave them intellectual property rights to all of the characters?

Ah, maybe it does? Alan Moore walked over this, he was due to write more Halo Jones.

Action, Roy Of The Rovers and Buster are quite niche. Their purchase might seem like an indulgence, rather than an investment that's expected to make a return?

21 minutes ago, Xann said:

Did wonder if owning 2000AD gave them intellectual property rights to all of the characters?

Ah, maybe it does? Alan Moore walked over this, he was due to write more Halo Jones.

Action, Roy Of The Rovers and Buster are quite niche. Their purchase might seem like an indulgence, rather than an investment that's expected to make a return?

It would depend on whether 2000ad agreed any creator ownership deals, which I doubt. I would expect they own everything. 

Alan Moore walking from things is basically his general state of being these days, he hates the industry which is what lead to him focusing so much on his own independent stuff and going into novels. It's a shame because he is such a good mind and writer but he's very particular and cantankerous and the industry is basically set up to make him hate it these days. 

Rebellion has mostly expanded through publishing acquisitions so it must make sense for them to do it, but I just can't see how 2000ad and other niche publications is making them more money than the games development does. Which they've been smart about - fairly small AA niche interest games. Sniper Elite is their biggest thing by miles and that's hardly blockbuster stuff. Saying that they recently revealed they were working on a British Fallout type game that might push the envelope.

Saw the best AI clip yet yesterday. In the not too distance future virtually anything will be possible visually.

Then 2000AD's intellectual rights may come into their own?

Take (not as famous as Dredd, Rogue and Johnny Alpha) 'Ace Trucking'.

It's not got a sizeable following, it has very few human characters and they're constantly moving between worlds.

Only now would a reasonably faithful series start to be a realistic prospect from a production cost point of view.

• Like 1

They have set up a production house which they primarily said was to develop 2000ad based movies and TV shows, so maybe. I know there's a Rogue Trooper movie in the works and they've been working on a Dredd inspired MegaCity 1 series for about 6 years.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â