US Presidential Election 2012

legov

Shame. Didn't particularly like either candidate but Obama has certainly been less than warm towards the UK during his tenure as US president. I doubt Romney would've been any worse in that respect. As I said though don't like either of them and probably wouldn't have voted at all in this election were I an American.

Congratulations to America. They, and the rest of the World for that matter, are much better off not having a Republican President.

It is only going to get tougher for the Republicans. Whites will with in the next 20 years become the minority and with historically anywhere between around 80% and 95% of African Americans voting Democrat and 65% and 75% of Hispanics voting Democrat, with both figures rising, the Republican party is going to have to change dramatically or get used to losing.

Superb news. Hopefully the end of the tea party also. Funny how cameron just praised his friend the same friend when he supported mcain? Great speech from obama in victory. Romney still seemed out of his depth right until the end

That's a slight rewriting of history there as Obama hadn't even secured the nomination when Cameron made that speech praising McCain

Congratulations to the USA for not voting a total cretin in like you did in 2004. (I'll let you off 2000, candidate cheated). Yes, I know he has a degree from Havard University (George W Bush had a degree too, you know) but he also suggested 47% of the population were benefit scroungers.

In view of how blacks are voting over whelmingly for him I'm Surprised Obama doesn't appear to have won Mississippi ..

Doesn't it have a black majority population ?

Although the black vote traditionally is vehemently pro-religion, anti-gay, anti-abortion, which waters down their tendency to liberalism.

Didn't matter in the end. Well done America.

Was Romney ever likely to win? The hyperbole on the news over here was ridiculous saying it could be the closest election ever. Bush/Gore was close and that was fairly recent.

Was Romney ever likely to win? The hyperbole on the news over here was ridiculous saying it could be the closest election ever. Bush/Gore was close and that was fairly recent.

Depends how you look at it.

I'd argue no, as Obama had far far greater options to win than Mick McCarthy ever had.

Although the black vote traditionally is vehemently pro-religion, anti-gay, anti-abortion, which waters down their tendency to liberalism.

Didn't matter in the end. Well done America.

The impression I got by and large was that the black community would still have voted for Obama even if he had said God didn't exist I think he had their vote purely on his colour ( I hope that isn't taken in any wrong light)

I wouldn't say Race was the issue , but as I said a few pages back , watching the Health care demonstrators shown on the Andrew Marr show , ( what certainly looked like a heck of a lo / vast majority of ) the people against Obama's reform would probably have been termed "bigots" had Brown been campaigning in the US and not noticed his Mic was left on

The Republicans advisor's I saw interviewed in the small hours this morning seem to have finally realised that they have to try and appeal to the non white vote if they ever want to get elected again any time soon

I think it's just a case of relief that Romney (and Ryan) didn't win.

Will be 'hoping' that Obama uses his second term to fulfil some of the promises he hasn't kept and to row back from some of the areas I didn't expect him to go or continue in (drones, kill lists, right of state assassination and so on).

I think it's just a case of relief that Romney (and Ryan) didn't win.

Will be 'hoping' that Obama uses his second term to fulfil some of the promises he hasn't kept and to row back from some of the areas I didn't expect him to go or continue in (drones, kill lists, right of state assassination and so on).

the impression given was that he may struggle to get the Republicans to vote with him ... I forget his name ( it may have been Dick Lugar ) but one of the Republicans who was more "deal" friendly when it came to getting the Republicans onside with Obama lost his seat last night

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â