Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

World class performance. In defence and attack.

He was hugely influential tonight. 

* 96% passing accuracy from 76 passes - the most of all Villa players

* 113 touches - the most of all Villa players

* 5 key passes 

* 5/5 accurate long balls

* 1/1 accurate through balls

* 3 tackles - joint highest

* 5 interceptions - highest

* Not dispossessed, did not turnover the ball

Can we have some of what he is eating?

• Like 1

His screamer a few weeks ago was a headline grabber, but with this performance tonight, he staked his flag in the ground. Matthew Lowton, you belong among the best.

Walker and Lowton have the right full back slot nailed for a number of years. He was brilliant tonight. No Doubt he's the best footballing right-back in the country.

This is just one performance but the competition between him and Walker could be closer than I thought. He's a weapon for us, like Baines is for Everton. 

Was hugely influential tonight and did nothing wrong, except 3 off target crosses, but they're very difficult.

Walker and Lowton have the right full back slot nailed for a number of years. He was brilliant tonight. No Doubt he's the best footballing right-back in the country.

This is just one performance but the competition between him and Walker could be closer than I thought. He's a weapon for us, like Baines is for Everton. 

Was hugely influential tonight and did nothing wrong, except 3 off target crosses, but they're very difficult.

Who the **** is Walker?

I have to agree with this. I gave him a few negative comments earlier in the season but he's certainly showing how good he is now. Could well be in the England set up soon and would deserve the call up too.

Starting to look like a real snip. Another one who has a real determined attitude and works  his bollocks off. Linked up really well with both Benteke and Weimann tonight and looked really good going forward as well as putting in a good defensive display. Had Benteke not got a hat tick he'd have been my man of the match.

He's got a lot of confidence on the ball. He was one of the only players willing to carry it forward against Arse, it went back and back and sideways and back till it got to him then he carried it forwards. 

Good player.

He's got even more confidence after that goal v Stoke and tonight he really pushed us on. So keen to pass it forwards, you need it in a team, because it breeds confidence for others when he'd carrying it onwards.

Hopefully Bennett can try and take bits onto his game.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â