Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Was he on the bench? Injured? He is probably in poor form but if I find it hard to believe he couldn't do a job on the wing.

Has a decent delivery and also pretty quick.

He isn't quick at all. He would be a decent enough winger if he didn't have to ever go past a player.

Puzzling one.

Not athletic enough to be a decent defender, but good on the ball and useful going forward.

I think he'd have thrown himself in front of that Remy shot today and not turned his back.

As turd as he's been could have done with him on the bench today. Bacuna could have gone into midfield when Westwood went off with Lowton going to RB. In hindsight, anything would have been better than introducing Sylla. What the **** has happened to him? Looks absolutely lost.

Not athletic enough to be a decent defender, but good on the ball and useful going forward.

id throw him in centre midfield, the guy can pass and except Westwood nobody else can. not on the same level at all but watching Lahm do it the other night I dont see why Lowton couldnt be tried

• Like 1

id throw him in centre midfield, the guy can pass and except Westwood nobody else can. not on the same level at all but watching Lahm do it the other night I dont see why Lowton couldnt be tried

Only issue I have with this is his lack of discipline, his positional sense at RB is ridiculous could you imagine him in midfield.

For me Lowton has to start if Vlaar is playing. We really miss the attacking side of his game. He's brilliant when setup to counter attack because of the way he intercepts play. If Vlaar is fit i'd play Lowton RB and push Bacuna into midfield instead of KEA. 

Only issue I have with this is his lack of discipline, his positional sense at RB is ridiculous could you imagine him in midfield.

The only problem I have is that he's rubbish, and if he isn't good enough to command a place as right back, why then shift him into midfield?  Has there ever been an occasion when a right back has successfully reinvented himself as a central midfielder?

The only problem I have is that he's rubbish, and if he isn't good enough to command a place as right back, why then shift him into midfield? Has there ever been an occasion when a right back has successfully reinvented himself as a central midfielder?

Philip Lahm...

*runs and ducks for cover

Lowton is almost 25. He has started 50 top flight games for us and as often looked out of his depth at this level. I think the odds of him suddenly becoming a competent central midfield player in the top flight are slim especially as I am not aware that he has even ever played there.

I really thought he would kick on after a promising last 10 games or so at the back end of last season. As can be said of a lot of our players though he has gone backwards.

Edited by markavfc40

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â