General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I'm prepared to give Lambert time. Just wish Lerner would make his job easier.
And how do you know he's not? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there are still a couple of weeks left of the transfer window.

We can only talk about the situation as it is at this present moment.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, there has already been an avalanche of complete and utter stupidity.

So fans being concerned that the same squad that nearly got relegated looked hopeless in their first game = stupidity.

I think what's naive and maybe even bordering stupidity is to think the whole of last season was Mcliesh's fault.

Being concerned is fine, I myself am concerned, I don't think players like N'Zogbia and Ireland can be trusted to consistently create chances. I think we need more quality going forward. I also have concerns about the defence.

But I also think there's been a lot of knee-jerk stuff written on here and elsewhere. I can see what Lambert is trying to do and it WILL take time. I'm more than prepared to give him the time. I'm not about to go OTT after just one game.

He is trying to do what Houllier did and encourage a passing game but hasn't got the players to do it. I don't think fans are concerned with the manager and the way he is trying to play. It's more with the players at his disposal.

He is trying to set the blueprint for a successful side, based on a modern and sustainable approach to playing football. This will take time.

It will also take new players, which I'm sure are in the pipe line.

We could always revert back to kick and rush, but that won't get us anywhere in the long run.

Realistically I can see another striker and maybe a midfielder being signed in this transfer. No more than that sadly.

It's more than clear we need a left back more than anything.

And how do you know he's not? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there are still a couple of weeks left of the transfer window.

Well he hasn't made his job easy for him at the moment.

Hopefully Lerner being there today makes him realise that bringing in a good manager isn't enough. He needs to be able to bring in some quality players.

And we don't know what's going on behind the scenes! We have no idea whether Lerner is being very strict with what he gives Lambert to spend or whether we've got several deals in the pipeline.

Hopefully Lerner being there today makes him realise that bringing in a good manager isn't enough. He needs to be able to bring in some quality players.

How do you know he's not making it easy for him?

We need a creative striker. A N° 10. A Rooney. A Robbie Keane, a Benny Carbone, a Paul Merson, someone who'll make something happen. Let Bent knock in the rebounds.

That plus a winger has to be the priority, oh yeah and a LB!

Shit Randy we need players!!!

We need a creative striker. A N° 10. A Rooney. A Robbie Keane, a Benny Carbone, a Paul Merson, someone who'll make something happen. Let Bent knock in the rebounds.

That plus a winger has to be the priority, oh yeah and a LB!

Shit Randy we need players!!!

Yep, Ireland simply isn't going to do that, neither is N'Zogbia.

I don't think we would have signed a European Scout in Henke if we weren't going to use him.

I expect we'll have 3-4 more signings by the close of the window. (I kind of expect 2 players by the next match!)

I think it's clear for everyone to see we need a LB, DM, Winger and another striker.

On a side note, Joe Bennet, who we've been linked with from Boro didn't play today and wasn't named in the squad.

I would look to offload Warnock, Hutton and N'Zogbia permanently and loan out Gardner.

And we don't know what's going on behind the scenes! We have no idea whether Lerner is being very strict with what he gives Lambert to spend or whether we've got several deals in the pipeline.

How do you know he's not making it easy for him?

No sorry you're right. He's clearly made plenty of funds available, hasn't insisted on player being sold before we sign new ones and clearly Lambert has chosen not to bring any more players in after signing 3 pretty quickly and effectively, oh after players had left that is.

No sorry you're right. He's clearly made plenty of funds available, hasn't insisted on player being sold before we sign new ones and clearly Lambert has chosen not to bring any more players in after signing 3 pretty quickly and effectively, oh after players had left that is.
Neither of what you have said in this conversation is clear. How about waiting until the end of the window?

Neither of what you have said in this conversation is clear. How about waiting until the end of the window?

Why come in this thread if you don't want to discuss anything to do with transfers until the 31st? It seems pointless to constantly say wait and see. You could post wait and see in most topics started on here including the match threads.

If you're so bothered why not stay out until the transfer window is over?

I don't trust Lerner because of the sales of international quality players and the appointment of McLeish.

His first 2.5 years - 8/10

His second 2.5 - 1/10

Currently - 3/10

He's done two good things in the past 3 years and 10/11 bad.

Why come in this thread if you don't want to discuss anything to do with transfers until the 31st? It seems pointless to constantly say wait and see. You could post wait and see in most topics started on here including the match threads.

If you're so bothered why not stay out until the transfer window is over?

Who said I didn't want to discuss transfers? I'm just saying that let's wait until after the deadline before making judgements.

On a side note, Joe Bennet, who we've been linked with from Boro didn't play today and wasn't named in the squad.

Probably due to his knee injury, than interest from us though?

possibly?!?!?

Yes, he wasn't risked due to injury.

Probably due to his knee injury, than interest from us though?

possibly?!?!?

Yes, he wasn't risked due to injury.

Ah, wasn't aware of that cheers!