Euro 2012: Quarter finals

The_Rev

He should have a better game tonight then.Although some of his touches IMO looked more lethargic than rusty- trapping the ball,heading and passing they are all basic skills. The Monday game had a lot of similarities with his performances in 2010 and he played in the warm up games then. Also RVP looked overplayed and shattered could just be a considence though that they both play in the PL.

I certianly hope you right and he looks sharper tonight!!!

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'll be the same as their previous game, minus Di Natale and including Balotelli.

I think the way to killing their game is taking Pirlo under a lot of pressure. It worked for the Ukrainians in the group stage after they were dominated in the 1st half.

They havent named their starting XI yet. According to this rather excellent article by Michael Cox all the noise from the Italian media is that they will be going 4-4-2 with a midfield diamond, but they certainly wont confirm or deny anything until the last minute because they know Woy is the sort of manager who will change Englands tactics to suit the opposition. I'm guessing we will put a lot of pressure on Pirlo and get the ball out wide as often as possible when in possession though. Italy will try to "win" central midfield and play through us, if Gerrard goes walk about as he is want to at times then they might have success as they will outnumber Scott Parker. It wouldnt surprise me to see Parker go off with exhaustion after 70 minutes if Italy can boss midfield because he will be chasing shadows all night. The game should be an interesting clash of styles.

think will be a cagey game and I expect a long night of extra time and maybe penalties. Italy last 3 major tournament knockout games and last 3 European CHampionship knockout games all went past 90 minutes

Just saw an interview with Di Canio regarding tonights match. I was quite surprised to found out he never won an international cap. Then again if you look at the Italian strikers from 1995 to 2004 it is not that much of a surprise.

It begs the question who are the best players never to win a cap for their country. I think Steve Bruce and Ian Taylor are two others.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â