Euro 2012: Quarter finals

The_Rev

I dont think we have a rivalry in football like we have vs Australia in cricket and rugby though. Germany has all but died out, Argentina really depends on how much we are thinking about the Falkland Islands at the time of the game and Scotland is so once sided its dull. Ireland dont like us but I am yet to meet an Englishman who gives a **** about them and Wales is probably more of a Rugby thing too. Anyway, I digress. I think we might just beat Italy tomorrow.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To steal a gag from a popular microblogging site, John Terry makes Luis Suarez look like Bill Murray in the likeability stakes. The man is an arsehole.

(He has had a fairly good tournament though.)

I hate John Terry, with a passion. But I'd take him to war with me every single time.

Have a new found respect for Gerrard as well now, both as a man and most definitely as a footballer. A wasted talent some might say, but this could be his hour.

How is he a wasted talent, except for the fact he has played in whatever position his Country asked him to?

He spent most of his career doing quite the opposite, surely? People have been saying for years that Gerrard could have been one of the greatest if he didnt have shit for brains and try and do everything on his own. For every Hollywood pass that worked we had to put up with hours of him charging round the pitch doing whatever he wants. If he had as much discipline as he has talent then who knows what he could have achieved. I do wonder what would have happened if he had played for Mourinho at Chelsea, at the very worst we could have found out that the bloke cant play alongside Frank Lampard years before the penny actually dropped.

He spent most of his career doing quite the opposite, surely? People have been saying for years that Gerrard could have been one of the greatest if he didnt have shit for brains and try and do everything on his own. For every Hollywood pass that worked we had to put up with hours of him charging round the pitch doing whatever he wants. If he had as much discipline as he has talent then who knows what he could have achieved. I do wonder what would have happened if he had played for Mourinho at Chelsea, at the very worst we could have found out that the bloke cant play alongside Frank Lampard years before the penny actually dropped.

Quite the opposite IMHO. He should have left Liverpool years ago (would probably have done but for the scouse mafia). The guy is a class act, never known him to be the big I am, unlike many I can think of. A good good midfielder, who should have been captain well ahead of Terry

I'm sure I've just read that Steven Gerrard is a wasted talent!?!

Some of the comments on this site never cease to amaze me :shock:

I think England will win 2-1 today. I can see Ballotelli scoring for Italy. It's going to be a very tough game, especially if Italy play 5 in midfield but the fact that Chiellini is definitely out is a big plus for England.

Any one know what the likely Italien Team Lineup will be - will they go with 3 centre backs again.

I hope Rooney turns up for this game. They say the best players perform during the biggest matches. I do have doubts over his fitness after a long fought PL season. He seemed faituiged during the last game he played, similar to the performancess in 2010

I'd say rusty more than fatigued. Because of his suspension, the game against Italy was Rooney's first competitive match in five weeks. He got 30 minutes in the second half against Belgium but that was a glorified training session. Lacking match fitness maybe, but he cannot possibly be tired.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â