Staying at Wigan: Roberto Martinez (Wigan Athletic)

VillanousOne

To be fair Gazton MM has pointed the finger at the likes of Collins, Warnock, Dunne several times on this site.

You have stated several times that MM is ITK so the rest of us are putting 2+2 together

I agree, but I think it's harsh to suggest that fans give these players plenty of abuse based on rumour and supposition.

Chrs Herd Fabian Delph Gatecrasher? Barry Bannan drunk driver?

Dunne & Collins at the health farm

Its no secret Barry Bannan is a complete and utter pisshead

You don't need to be ITK to know that just go Apres up solihull or Sutton on a weekend 9 times out of 10 he will be in there

Tbh i'd be bothered if he was a decent player but he isn't so i dont really care. What i do care about however is this upsetting the rest of the side whatever manager comes in be it Martinez or Lambert needs to sort this out players are meant to be professional's who conduct themselves in a certain manner they get paid alot of money and should be role models not be on the back pages of local newspapers

The previous managers have failed in this regard both Houllier and McLeish a strong character is needed

Herd is Australian. It's the law. I'm the one nationality that can make that generalisation about another nation's drinking :mrgreen:

Its no secret Barry Bannan is a complete and utter pisshead

I think you can add Herd to the list as well from what I've been told.

add Clark, Weimann & GG too

Drinking culture with the babbies

Bullshit. Drinking culture and taking a picture while on a night out are completely different things despite what the kneejerk morons on twitter would have you believe. Last time I checked there was nothing wrong with a night out. Moan alll we want about Gatecrasher etc, but don't start dragging guys into it that have done nothing wrong. It just reflects badly on you.

Bullshit. Drinking culture and taking a picture while on a night out are completely different things despite what the kneejerk morons on twitter would have you believe. Last time I checked there was nothing wrong with a night out. Moan alll we want about Gatecrasher etc, but don't start dragging guys into it that have done nothing wrong. It just reflects badly on you.

Weimann, Clark and Gardner come across to me as professionals, on and off the pitch. Gardner has the ability to deal with press I think unlike the other two, who seem a bit shy. To say they're "pissheads" is firstly a bit slanderous, and also ridiculous.

by all accounts for the last 2 years they have all been complaining about the lack of coaching, corner and free kick stats prove this has been the case,

:!: :!:

Not so much coaching, but general cohesive strategy and tactics. Also, expecting the reserves and youth teams to play a different style, with different defensive/marking systems, and expecting them to come into the first XI without fully explaining the systems employed has led to the disaster we have seen.

That's very true... if you watch the reserve and youth - they play a completely different style to the first team.

Lambert is more of a tactician to me than Martinez esp with defending. If you speak to any Wigan fan they'll tell you they've never been able to defend properly - similar to us!

What I know

Collins / Dunne Health Farm both fined

Collins fined Gatecrasher

Warnock dropped by GH comments made about club / fans / area after Blackburn away in fairness quiet since to my knowledge . Unforgiveable what he said though

Collins/ Dunne season before last end of season players award pissed refused to leave at the end of night notsure if it was Guiness or Bitter they weren't drinking lager

I know about Herd and Bannan almost prepared to say they are young and will learn the other 3 aren't should know better !

I agree easy to make random accusations so will leave out the rest I have heard and prefer to see if the club do anything about it in the summer . I think they will :!:

Shock horror, Villa players are normal guy's who like to have a drink!

FFS As long as it's after a game then why would you deny them what most of us do regularly?

EVERY club has players who like to go out and enjoy themselves Villa players will be no different, if you can stay in every night, not drink, be in bed for 9pm etc then maybe you can criticise them but if you don't yourself then how can you expect someone else to live by rules that you don't follow, footballer or not? Live and let live.

I should add that, in my opinion, the problem lay with the manager of the time and also with either MacDonald or Cowans. There needs to be communication between Manager and Reserve/Youths managers. Keeping Cowans/MacDonald for purely sentimental reasons is the wrong decision. If the new manager wants to make a change in the Youth/Reserves setup, I'm all for it.

Good post something that was said to AM on his appointment was Sid his choice or Lerner's :?: .

It was obvious despite what he said that it was from Owner

Who are these alleged troublemakers in the team? Please support your accusation with evidence.

Pisshead Collins, & Dunne, Cowans incident.

Pisshead Collins outside club with Herd.

Players disagreeing with managerial decision or falling out with manager. Warnock, Dunne.

Players being oh so precious, Ireland, Brum is a dump, to gobby.

Probably a few more we don't know about.

Average to crap players thinking their something their not.

Shock horror, Villa players are normal guy's who like to have a drink!

FFS As long as it's after a game then why would you deny them what most of us do regularly?

EVERY club has players who like to go out and enjoy themselves Villa players will be no different, if you can stay in every night, not drink, be in bed for 9pm etc then maybe you can criticise them but if you don't yourself then how can you expect someone else to live by rules that you don't follow, footballer or not? Live and let live.

Of course your right, lets pay these idiots 30 or 40 thou a week to watch them play crap football, and when their not doing that, lets watch them be utter prats in public and behaving like up themselves rocket polishers. Whilst ordinary folk save their money to buy a season ticket to watch these prats play a game they think their good at. If I do a crap job I'll get sacked these spoilt rocket polishers become millionaires.