Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

17 minutes ago, Dave J said:

This will be devastating should it happen. The minutes being  afforded to GA should in my view be given to RHM. GA has had enough chances and not taken them. Please Bruce move on. I am still in shock that a flick of the head and a bit  running around can curry such favour? I wish someone could explain why?

On a serious note though, I think RHM will get his time, although I think obviously the contract situation is a real issue. I have never really seen him in action but by accounts he has mountains of potential.

However where is the balance? Yes Gabby is on the way "out" and RHM is on the way "in" per se, but what is the balance? Where does our best chance for promotion lay as things currently stand?

RHM is still a work in progress, and however poor Gabby has been, he has experience and maturity.

Would I rather drop Gabby or lose RHM? Analytical brain says I would rather drop Gabby, however the problem is right now most of the calls for RHM are based on "what he could possibly produce", not what he has produced in the past.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Wholeheartedly agree with robbie savage that it's an absolute disgrace that he was ever out of shape in the first place. 

Also goes onto say that it's embarrassing the way excuses are made for professional footballers. Another thing that I wholeheartedly agree with.

Under no circumstances do I want this chap anyway near the first team and I'm certainly losing a bit of interest in the games that he is.

I don't tend to hold grudges but I simply cannot forgive this guy for acting like such a bellend. Plus, unbelievably (not).... he's still **** shite.

bb0aa.jpg

On 09/11/2016 at 22:24, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On a serious note though, I think RHM will get his time, although I think obviously the contract situation is a real issue. I have never really seen him in action but by accounts he has mountains of potential.

However where is the balance? Yes Gabby is on the way "out" and RHM is on the way "in" per se, but what is the balance? Where does our best chance for promotion lay as things currently stand?

RHM is still a work in progress, and however poor Gabby has been, he has experience and maturity.

Would I rather drop Gabby or lose RHM? Analytical brain says I would rather drop Gabby, however the problem is right now most of the calls for RHM are based on "what he could possibly produce", not what he has produced in the past.

You had me until "maturity".

My questions are: Has he truly earned his place back? Has he been training hard? Looking sharp? Not causing any issues or being a disruptive influence? Setting a good example to the young players and the simpleton Grealish lad? Has he even apologised for his behaviour off the pitch last year?

I just don't see what he has done or really proved to justify just being inserted straight back into the team out of the blue.  

On 11/7/2016 at 23:56, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Because he's a pro. We're just a few mongs spouting bollocks on a message board. We're only ever occasionally right by accident. 

He also bigged up Kodjia, saying he's a managers dream and how you only have to come and see him play to realise how good he is. If there's one thing I definitely do trust Bruce with, 100%, it's man management. He's very O'Neill like in that respect, just let him get on with it. 

Brilliant!

Signature line sorted!

• Like 1

On 11/8/2016 at 18:17, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Interesting comment. Who has said that?

Perhaps its Brexit supporters?.....They usually get misquoted.:)

Edited by TRO

22 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

My questions are: Has he truly earned his place back? Has he been training hard? Looking sharp? Not causing any issues or being a disruptive influence? Setting a good example to the young players and the simpleton Grealish lad? Has he even apologised for his behaviour off the pitch last year?

I just don't see what he has done or really proved to justify just being inserted straight back into the team out of the blue.  

There is only one person that can answer those questions and that is Steve Bruce. Bruce doesn't strike me as a man that takes much shit off of anybody. The fact Gabby has been back would suggest to me he is doing all of those things. Bruce has said himself he has been impressed with Gabby, I trust Bruce's judgement on the issue and that fine with me. He has done more since he has been here than the previous 3 managers put together.

5 hours ago, KHV said:

There is only one person that can answer those questions and that is Steve Bruce. Bruce doesn't strike me as a man that takes much shit off of anybody. The fact Gabby has been back would suggest to me he is doing all of those things. Bruce has said himself he has been impressed with Gabby, I trust Bruce's judgement on the issue and that fine with me. He has done more since he has been here than the previous 3 managers put together.

I blame Trump.

• Like 1

I'd say his two cameo's so far have been pretty good, especially against Blackburn where his flick contributed to the second goal, if McCormack would have done that he would have been lauded for his technical 'quality' and vision. Gabby does have a role to play at this level that's for certain.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2016 at 16:56, KHV said:

I trust Bruce's judgement on the issue and that fine with me. He has done more since he has been here than the previous 3 managers put together.

No he hasn't but that's besides the point I'm about to make......

On 12/11/2016 at 16:56, KHV said:

There is only one person that can answer those questions and that is Steve Bruce. 

On this basis, only Steve Bruce can answer whether he's apologised for his simply disgusting behaviour last season. 

Two things here for me: firstly, Steve Bruce, with the greatest respect, hasn't got the first clue as to the way this pudding made us feel last season.

Secondly, I certainly haven't heard him apologise. I haven't heard him say anything other than some absolute billshit that he's a one club only man. seriously gabby, **** off.

I've spent the last 5/6 years preaching that the fans are not respected by the players and that we are foolish to think otherwise. whether it's a contradiction or not, this moron has took the biscuit in terms of mugging off those who have naively provided him with a very very lush lifestyle.

I reiterate that I want him absolutely nowhere near the first team, and will be completely disinterested in any moment of a villa game in which he is involved.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

No he hasn't but that's besides the point I'm about to make......

On this basis, only Steve Bruce can answer whether he's apologised for his simply disgusting behaviour last season. 

Two things here for me: firstly, Steve Bruce, with the greatest respect, hasn't got the first clue as to the way this pudding made us feel last season.

Secondly, I certainly haven't heard him apologise. I haven't heard him say anything other than some absolute billshit that he's a one club only man. seriously gabby, **** off.

I've spent the last 5/6 years preaching that the fans are not respected by the players and that we are foolish to think otherwise. whether it's a contradiction or not, this moron has took the biscuit in terms of mugging off those who have naively provided him with a very very lush lifestyle.

I reiterate that I want him absolutely nowhere near the first team, and will be completely disinterested in any moment of a villa game in which he is involved.

This has been done to absolute death, and he HAS APOLOGISED, PUBLICLY!!! Link is even in the bloody thread, a simple Google search or flick back through this  would have pointed you to it. Further proves the point that there is alot of absolute tripe posted on here with zero fact checking. Serious trolling!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/read-aston-villa-striker-gabby-11257701

Read Aston Villa striker Gabby Agbonlahor's apology to the Villa faithful

Gabby Agbonlahor has stood down as Aston Villa captain after apologising for his off the field conduct and on the pitch performances.

Agbonlahor used his ga11official Instagram account to get his message across to Villa supporters.

It follows a double suspension for the Brummie striker who has made front page headlines for his partying antics during the club's relegation season.

Here's his apology in full

"I want to begin with an apology to all Aston Villa fans for my actions in recent weeks, especially at a time when it is devastating for everyone involved with the club.

"I am stepping down as club captain with immediate effect as I do not deserve to carry out such a role anymore. This role was a huge honour to me and it hurts to have lost it.

"I have spent 16 years at Aston Villa and played some memorable games.

My celebrations and passion, especially in games against local rivals shows my loyalty to Aston Villa. I am asking Aston Villa fans for forgiveness as I'm hurting as well despite reports and photos in the press making out otherwise.

"I agree my performances this season have not been good enough but I will be working hard to make things right! Up The Villa, Villa Till I Die!"

Is that sufficient or do you also require a personal phone call and gift basket? I probably already know what the next steps will be.....:rolleyes:

:crylaugh:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This has been done to absolute death, and he HAS APOLOGISED, PUBLICLY!!! Link is even in the bloody thread, a simple Google search or flick back through this  would have pointed you to it. Further proves the point that there is alot of absolute tripe posted on here with zero fact checking. Serious trolling!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/read-aston-villa-striker-gabby-11257701

Is that sufficient or do you also require a personal phone call and gift basket? I probably already know what the next steps will be.....:rolleyes:

:crylaugh:

Fair enough. I hadn't seen it, or I'd simply forgot..... (because it isn't anywhere near enough).

Leave off with the trolling BS.

4 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Fair enough. I hadn't seen it, or I'd simply forgot..... (because it isn't anywhere near enough).

Leave off with the trolling BS.

Yes, and after that he went and bought himself an exercise bike. He even posted pictures to Instragram with his shirt off. What more do you want from him?????

Leave the poor lamb alone.  There is no reason why a mealy mouthed 3 line apology should not make up for the piss he has been taking for a long time now, not just last season. Why can't you understand that you bully.

You are just mean for not welcoming him back into the fold. he is a hero and a legend. After all, he scored against the blues a few times many years ago, and he used to be able to run quite fast in a straight line. 

Gabby :wub::wub:

Please note, I do not agree with anything I have posted here.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â