Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think MLS will be good for him.

Possibly JV however the MLS is a competitive league and despite the quality not being of the highest -  the fitness levels are very demanding- It's up to him to decide.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2016 at 19:08, srsmithusa said:

I don't like the idea of paying him off and then he can go work somewhere else while already having been paid, effectively double dipping.  

I bet Gabs loves a bit of double dipping if you know what I mean ;)

On 9 September 2016 at 05:50, Dave J said:

I can't help but wonder though Doug- how many other professions would allow you to rock up at 8.00 or 9.00 or whatever, then for you to be told sorry your not fit for purpose- but don't worry it's ok because we will still carry on paying you regardless. Football I'm afraid has gone mad!

Politicians? 

On 12/09/2016 at 23:47, TheStagMan said:

Anyone see it? Anyone know how he played?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/heres-how-aston-villas-gabby-11878219?

Agbonlahor has not played competitively for the Villa first team since a 16-minute cameo in the Premier League defeat to Swansea in March - Remi Garde's last game in charge.

He got a bit of action during the pre-season campaign, but since then he has been restricted to training with the under-23s and his own personal exercise regime.

It showed. He still looked a little overweight and his condition was even more pronounced given he was in the company of slightly-built youngsters.

Just read that Bham article and it doesnt sound good.  Still looking chunky, not match fit and no influence on a game he should be looking to impose himself on both talent wise and also leadership wise as our former club captain.

sounds like the whole team was shit including RHM. Might i suggest they were uninspired playing with Gabby? Wasnt a player from the youth team last season laughing at Gabby in a photo? about his fitness or attitude. Think it was Kinsella?

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Just read that Bham article and it doesnt sound good.  Still looking chunky, not match fit and no influence on a game he should be looking to impose himself on both talent wise and also leadership wise as our former club captain.

Yes,  had a very quiet game by all accounts. Failing to do ANYTHING of merit against a championship reserve team regardless of fitness levels is not exactly going to silence the Haterz is it

6 hours ago, KSV said:

sounds like the whole team was shit including RHM. Might i suggest they were uninspired playing with Gabby? Wasnt a player from the youth team last season laughing at Gabby in a photo? about his fitness or attitude. Think it was Kinsella?

I'd think if anything they'd be inspired to play with Gabby. He may not be the player he once was, but he was a quality Villa player a while ago. I'd be excited to play with someone like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I'd think if anything they'd be inspired to play with Gabby. He may not be the player he once was, but he was a quality Villa player a while ago. I'd be excited to play with someone like that.

So would I, he'd make me look fitter and a better footballer too!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, he has pretty much been told his Villa career is over, zero, zilch chance of ever featuring again. How motivated would you be?

Was he told three years ago ?

• Like 4

20 hours ago, nick76 said:

Every time I hear the word chunky it reminds of the day today of 'chunky norwich'. Back to the topic Gabby is finished as a professional footballer. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â